Subject: g98 Compilation

From: "Luke Sweet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:29:54 -0800

I am trying to compile the g98 source code (rev A11) on a Pentium 3 running 
Redhat 7.1. I have installed the Portland Group f77 compiler and I have put 
the blas-f2c.a and blas-opt.a files in /usr/local/lib. The problem I am 
having is that the code only compiles to 1402.exe then stops.

I have read that people are having problems using g98 with Redhat 7.1. All 
the suggestions that have been made regarding this problem seem to be 
corrected the A11 revision of the code. If any one has any suggestions they 
would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the last few lines of the bldg98.log file.

bd0402.o(.data+0x1f3a8): multiple definition of `istope_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x1f3a8): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x1f700): multiple definition of `vsips_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x1f700): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x20108): multiple definition of `atomic_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x20108): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x207b8): multiple definition of `twoele_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x207b8): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x22278): multiple definition of `betas_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x22278): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x22c80): multiple definition of `onelec_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x22c80): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x23688): multiple definition of `expont_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x23688): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x24090): multiple definition of `multip_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x24090): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x25148): multiple definition of `core_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x25148): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x254a0): multiple definition of `alpha_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x254a0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x257f8): multiple definition of `elemts_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x257f8): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x258d0): multiple definition of `natorb_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x258d0): first defined here
make: *** [l402.exe] Error 1
endif

Luke Sweet
[email-masked]
Lake Forest College

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp