Subject: Bioreason's ClassPharmer

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:14:59 -0700

Dear CCL Subscribers,

Bioreason has just released ClassPharmer, the first module of a new
software system for automating analysis of data from screening libraries
of compounds.   ClassPharmer provides topologically relevant structural
classification, placing compounds into classes based on large,
significant scaffolds that are learned on the fly.  The science
underneath includes knowledge-based reasoning and a new MCS algorithm
that makes use of the Bioreason's topological key technology.

Some of the issues we had in mind when we created it might be of
interest to you, such as...

o QSAR analysis works well only when you have a reasonably homogeneous
set of  compounds on which to begin the analysis.

o With the noisy results from HTS or computational docking, the class
characteristics are really more relevant than any particular compound
readout.

o With a diverse set of compounds reporting positive in an assay,
classes frequently have naturally overlapping memberships, depending on
the scaffold defining the class.

Feel free to download it and take a look at www.bioreason.com.

Thanks.

--Susan

Susan I. Bassett, Ph.D.
Bioreason, Inc.
[email-masked]