Subject: compilation of g98 rev A.11 using g77

From: Lucas E Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:08:20 -0600 (CST)

Thanks to the help of several people I have managed to make some 
progress in my attempt to compile g98 rev A.11 on a AMD k6-3 running 
redhat linux 7.2.  I am now stuck again.  The number of errors in the 
bldg98.log has reduced but there are still a number of them.  I lack 
the knowege of how to fix these errors.  Any help would be greatly 
appreciated.  Here is the end of the bldg98.log file:

utilam.F:95576: 
         Integer MaxShl,MaxPrm,MaxSh1,MaxS21,JAN,ShellA,ShellN,ShellT,
                                                        1
utilam.F:95582: (continued):
        $Y(MaxShl),Z(MaxShl),JAN(MaxShl),ShellA(MaxShl),ShellN(MaxShl),
                                                        2
Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol `shelln' at (2) 
[initially seen at (1)]
utilam.F:95576: 
         Integer MaxShl,MaxPrm,MaxSh1,MaxS21,JAN,ShellA,ShellN,ShellT,
                                                               1
utilam.F:95583: (continued):
        $ShellT(MaxShl),ShellC(MaxShl),AOS(MaxShl),AON(MaxShl),
         2
Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol `shellt' at (2) 
[initially seen at (1)]
utilam.F:95577: 
        $  ShellC,ShlADF,AOS,AON,NShell,MaxTyp
           1
utilam.F:95583: (continued):
        $ShellT(MaxShl),ShellC(MaxShl),AOS(MaxShl),AON(MaxShl),
                        2
Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol `shellc' at (2) 
[initially seen at (1)]
utilam.F:95577: 
        $  ShellC,ShlADF,AOS,AON,NShell,MaxTyp
                         1
utilam.F:95583: (continued):
        $ShellT(MaxShl),ShellC(MaxShl),AOS(MaxShl),AON(MaxShl),
                                       2
Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol `aos' at (2) [initially 
seen at (1)]
utilam.F:95577: 
        $  ShellC,ShlADF,AOS,AON,NShell,MaxTyp
if ( 1 ) then
make -f bsd/g98.make JUNK1=JUNK exe
gau-cpp -I/luke/sweetle/g982/g98 -I/luke/sweetle/g982/g98s -DGAUSS_PAR 
-DGAUSS_THPAR  -DDEFMAXSHL=20000 -DDEFMAXATM=20000 -DDEFMAXNZ=20000 
-DDEFNVDIM=257 -DDEFARCREC=1024 -DMERGE_LOOPS -DUSE_ESSL -D_I386_ 
-DLITTLE_END -DUSING_F2C -DDEFMAXIOP=100 -DDEFMAXCHR=1024 -DDEFLMAX=13 
-DDEFN3MIN=10 -DDEFMAXHEV=2000 -DDEFCACHE=64 -DDEFMAXLECP=10 
-DDEFMAXFUNIT=5 -DDEFMAXFFILE=10000 -DDEFMAXFPS=1300 -DDEFMAXINFO=200 
-DDEFMAXOP=120 -DDEFMAXTIT=100 -DDEFMAXRTE=4000 -DDEFMAXOV=500 
-D_ALIGN_CORE_ -DCA1_DGEMM -DCA2_DGEMM -DCAB_DGEMM -DLV_DSP -DO_BKSPEF 
-DDEFMXTS=1500 -DDEFMXBAS=500 -DDEFMXOPT=50 -DDEFMXBOND=12 
-DDEFMXSPH=250 -DDEFMXINV=1500   dummy.F dummy.f
g77     -malign-double -m486 -fexpensive-optimizations -O2 -ffast-math 
-funroll-loops -c dummy.f
rm -f dummy.f dummy.c
ld -shared -o util.so dummy.o --whole-archive util.a \
  --no-whole-archive
gau-fsplit -e ml0 bsd/main.F
ml0.F already exists, over-written
make -f bsd/g98.make OPTFLAG='  -malign-double -m486 
-fexpensive-optimizations -O2 -ffast-math -funroll-loops'  ml0.o
make[1]: Entering directory `/luke/sweetle/g982/g98'
gau-cpp -I/luke/sweetle/g982/g98 -I/luke/sweetle/g982/g98s -DGAUSS_PAR 
-DGAUSS_THPAR  -DDEFMAXSHL=20000 -DDEFMAXATM=20000 -DDEFMAXNZ=20000 
-DDEFNVDIM=257 -DDEFARCREC=1024 -DMERGE_LOOPS -DUSE_ESSL -D_I386_ 
-DLITTLE_END -DUSING_F2C -DDEFMAXIOP=100 -DDEFMAXCHR=1024 -DDEFLMAX=13 
-DDEFN3MIN=10 -DDEFMAXHEV=2000 -DDEFCACHE=64 -DDEFMAXLECP=10 
-DDEFMAXFUNIT=5 -DDEFMAXFFILE=10000 -DDEFMAXFPS=1300 -DDEFMAXINFO=200 
-DDEFMAXOP=120 -DDEFMAXTIT=100 -DDEFMAXRTE=4000 -DDEFMAXOV=500 
-D_ALIGN_CORE_ -DCA1_DGEMM -DCA2_DGEMM -DCAB_DGEMM -DLV_DSP -DO_BKSPEF 
-DDEFMXTS=1500 -DDEFMXBAS=500 -DDEFMXOPT=50 -DDEFMXBOND=12 
-DDEFMXSPH=250 -DDEFMXINV=1500   ml0.F ml0.f
g77   -malign-double -m486 -fexpensive-optimizations -O2 -ffast-math 
-funroll-loops -c ml0.f
rm -f ml0.f ml0.c
make[1]: Leaving directory `/luke/sweetle/g982/g98'
g77     -malign-double -m486 -fexpensive-optimizations -O2 -ffast-math 
-funroll-loops -o g98 ml0.o   util.so
util.so: undefined reference to `dspmv_'
util.so: undefined reference to `dgemm_'
util.so: undefined reference to `wait_'
util.so: undefined reference to `fork_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [g98] Error 1
endif

Thanks,
Luke Sweet
Lake Forest College
[email-masked]