Subject: 6th ISPC meeting in DC

From: Eric Scerri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:12:59 -0800

Call for papers
		 
Sixth Summer Symposium
of the
International Society
  for the Philosophy of Chemistry

August 4-8, 2002

  Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057

Abstracts (one half page) and/or prospectuses (up to three pages) are 
solicited for papers to be presented at The Sixth Annual Summer 
Symposium of the International Society for the Philosophy of 
Chemistry (ISPC) to be held August 4-8, 2002 at Georgetown 
University, Washington, DC 20057. As at prior ISPC symposia, both 
longer (50-60 minute) and shorter (15-30 minute) presentations will 
be scheduled. Papers dealing with chemistry-related issues raised in 
recent philosophical literature, especially Foundations of Chemistry 
(http://www.wkap.nl/prod/j/1386-4238) and Hyle (http://www.hyle.org), 
are preferred. Abstracts and/or prospectuses, and conference 
pre-registration, should be sent electronically, to the address 
below, by February 15, 2002.

There will be no registration fee for the meeting. Accommodation will 
be available in air-conditioned on-campus housing (price range, 
including tax: $250 for four nights double or single occupancy with 
private bath, to $108 for four nights for shared room with floor 
bath) and at the Rosslyn Holiday Inn, Virginia ($99.00 plus tax per 
day, two double beds or king bed, transportation to Georgetown 
available).

Please visit the ISPC website at 
http://www.georgetown.edu/earleyj/ISPC.html  or contact J. E. Earley, 
Sr. (Georgetown Chemistry) for more information.

E-mail: [email-masked].
Phone:   703-532-5238.                         Fax: 202-687-6209.

--
-- 

Dr. Eric Scerri ,
UCLA,
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
607 Charles E. Young Drive East,
Los Angeles,  CA 90095-1569
USA

E-mail :   [email-masked]
tel:  310 206 7443
fax:  310 206 2061
Web Page:    http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Faculty/scerri/index.html

Editor  of  Foundations of Chemistry
http://www.wkap.nl/prod/j/1386-4238

Also see International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry
http://www.georgetown.edu/earleyj/ISPC.html