Subject: LAPACK!

From: PRADIPTA Bandyopadhyay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:41:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

   Sorry to bother with a simple yet technical question.

 I am trying to use the 'DGESV' driver routine from LAPACK - this routine
 solves the A * X = B linear equation. However, I am having a problem with
 the array dimension when I call it from my code.

 The arguments of DGESV are DGESV(N,NRHS,A,LDA,IPIV,B,LDB,INFO)

 N= order of the matrix A

 NRHS=column of B

 LDA = leading dimension of A

 IPIV= OUTPUT of dimension N

 LDB= leading dimension of B

 B= N by NHRS

 For a test case: A is 3 *3 , B and X are 3*1.

 N=3, NRHS=1, LDA=3, LDB=3

 I think I am giving the correct arguments. Is there any trick/ or am I
 making some silly mistake?
 
 I would appreciate if someone points out my mistake.

                                              Pradipta