Subject: Who said anything about GUI?

From: "Phil Hultin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:57:11 -0600

OK CCL, repeat after me:

"User-friendly is not a synonym for GUI.  GUI is not a synonym for
User-friendly."

Konrad Hinsen said it a few postings ago:

>Finally, a good user interface isn't necessarily a graphical one, nor
>a simple one. A good user interface is one that lets users express
>their computations in terms of concepts that they are familiar with
>and without arbitrary complexities (such as inconsistent syntax).
>Meaningful error reporting is another important issue.

This is all I have to say on the issue.

Dr. Philip G. Hultin
Associate Department Head and
Associate Professor of Chemistry
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2
(vox) 204-474-9814
(fax) 204-474-7608
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.umanitoba.ca/chemistry/