Subject: new release of LAMMPS molecular dynamics software

From: "Steve Plimpton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:41:59 -0700 (MST)

For those interested in classical molecular dynamics (MD) modeling, we
recently released a new version of the LAMMPS code.  LAMMPS can model
atomic or molecular systems such as polymers and proteins.  It was
designed for parallel, and runs on any parallel machine that supports
F90, C, and MPI (or on workstations and PCs).  The source code is
distributed freely under the terms of a simple license agreement.

LAMMPS capabilities include a variety of polymer and bio force fields,
including support for class 2 (cross-term) force fields, particle-mesh
Ewald, rRESPA, a restricted form of SHAKE, an energy minimizer, and
various ensemble and constraint choices.

More details can be found on the LAMMPS WWW page:

www.cs.sandia.gov/~sjplimp/lammps.html

which includes HTML documentation, benchmark results, and the
licensing info.

Steve Plimpton
Sandia National Labs
[email-masked]
www.cs.sandia.gov/~sjplimp