Subject: Accelrys Life Science Training in Munich, Germany

From: "Tien Luu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:43:54 -0000

Accelrys will be holding a pair of 2-day workshops at our office in Munich,
Germany, in March, 2002.

On March 19-20, the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences Workshop"
will be offered.  This course provides an overview of molecular modelling
techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The workshop will
focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will explore various
modules in the areas of rational-drug design, structure-based drug design,
and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modelling experience is not assumed
making this course a great place to learn molecular modelling with Cerius2.

On March 21-22, the "Pharmacophore Generation with Catalyst" workshop will
be presented.  This workshop is intended to introduce customers to
pharmacophore generation and to the Catalyst user interface.  The workshop
begins with the basics of the Catalyst interface and builds to simple
pharmacophore generation, selection of training sets, and three-dimensional
database searching.  Methods used within Catalyst for automatic hypothesis
generation and manual hypothesis construction will be discussed.  Some
optimisation of training sets and database searching will be covered as
well.  Attendees should possess knowledge of basic UNIX commands and have a
basic understanding of QSAR theory.

Fees for each 2-day course are EUR1120 commercial, EUR560 government, and
EUR450 academic.  However, register for both courses and receive a 25%
discount for the second course.

Registration is on-line at URL
http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/registration.php.  Further detailed
information about this and other Accelrys training workshops can be found at
the Accelrys website
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/schedule.html).  Please do not
hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Please note that on 1 June 2001, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG
became Accelrys.

Thank you very much.

Tien Luu
+44 1223 402 895

Chris Arzt
+1 858-799-5340