Subject: Computational Support of CASP5

From: Troy Wymore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:33:30 -0500 (EST)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center and Compaq Team Up to Support CASP5

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) and Compaq Computer
Corporation are collaborating to provide large-scale computational
resources in support of CASP5, an important process by which the
international community of molecular and structural biologists assesses
its ability to accurately predict the three-dimensional structure of
proteins. On Dec. 7, the National Science Foundation Partnerships for
Advanced Computational Infrastructure program allocated computing time on
PSC's Terascale Computing System (TCS) to support this PSC-Compaq
collaboration.  See:

http://www.psc.edu/publicinfo/news/2001/casp-12-11-01.html
http://predictioncenter.llnl.gov/

To apply for a block of time for porting and testing of algorithms for
CASP5, use the PSC development grant application at:

https://grants.psc.edu/casp_application

Note that researchers from the private sector may apply for this time, as
long as they can assure that there are no restrictions on publications
arising from this work.

Please contact Troy Wymore, PSC Biomedical Initiative Group, if you have
any questions. His e-mail is: [email-masked].