Subject: 85th CSC -- Computational Chemistry Symposium

From: Yan Alexander Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:08:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear Colleagues,

Happy New Year to you!

The 85th Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC) Conference & Exhibition
will take place on UBC campus in Vancouver from June 1 to 5, 2002.
During this event, there will be a 2.5-day computational chemistry
symposium, mainly on density-functional theory (DFT). Tentatively,
the first two days (June 2-3) will be devoted to DFT and the last
half day (June 5) will be allocated for other topics. Conference
participants can use the remaining days to attend other sessions,
including the Brion Symposium on June 4-5.

Canadian contributions will be given preference for oral presentations.
Invited and contributing speakers will have about 40 and 20 minutes
each (including Q&A and discussions), respectively. Other contributions
may be presented as posters or in the General Session for Physical and
Theoretical Chemistry.

=======================================
Speakers of Invited & Contributed Talks
=======================================
Axel D. Becke (Queen's University)
Russell J. Boyd (Dalhousie University)
Mark E. Casida (Universite Joseph Fourier)
Matthias Ernzerhof (University of Montreal)
Galina Orlova (University of Guelph)
John P. Perdew (Tulane University)
Dennis R. Salahub (Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences)
H. Georg Schreckenbach (Concordia University)
Alain St-Amant (University of Ottawa)
Ajit J. Thakkar (University of New Brunswick)
David J. Tozer (University of Durham)
Weitao Yang (Duke University)
Tom Ziegler (University of Calgary)
=============================================================

The information about registration is here:
   http://www.chem.ubc.ca/csc2002/registration.shtml
No electronic or web-based registration is allowed. The deadline for
special early-bird registration is April 30; the deadline for abstract
submission is February 4. Further details about the 85th CSC can be
found from the conference website (http://www.chem.ubc.ca/csc2002).
Useful tourism can be found at (http://www.tourismvancouver.com).

Sincerely,

Delano P. Chong              Y. Alexander Wang
Professor Emeritus           Assistant Professor
[email-masked]            [email-masked]
======================================================================

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yan Alexander Wang                          Office Rm#: Chemistry D408
Assistant Professor                         Office Tel: (604) 822-6773
Department of Chemistry                     Lab(s) Rm#: Chemistry D444
University of British Columbia              Lab(s) Tel: (604) 822-6549
2036 Main Mall                              Office Fax: (604) 822-2847
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1                       E-mail: [email-masked]
CANADA                                    www.chem.ubc.ca/faculty/wang
----------------------------------------------------------------------