Subject: 02.06.17 Conference: Complex Systems: Control and Modeling Problems

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:38:55 -0500 (EST)

[email-masked] wrote:

    Fourth Conference

    Complex Systems:  Control and Modeling Problems

                  June 17 - 24, 2002
                     Samara, Russia

Informational letter and invitation

THE ORGANIZERS AND SPONSORS OF THE CONFERENCE
*       International Association for Mathematics and Computers in
        Simulation (IMACS)
*       The Russian National Committee of IFAC
*       The Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS)
*       The Samara Scientific Center, RAS
*       The Institute for the Control of Complex Systems, RAS
*       Administration of Samara Region
*       The State Academy of Telecommunication and Informatics of Volga Region
*       AO AutoVAZ
*       Corporation MagentA
*       Company NAUCOMP

THE BASE ORGANIZATION
The Institute for the Control of Complex Systems, RAS

CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS
CSCMP-2002
The Institute for the Control of Complex Systems, RAS
Sadovaya Str., 61, 443020, Samara, Russia
Tel.: 7 + (8462) 32-39-27.  Fax: 7+ (8462) 33-27-70.   E-mail: [email-masked]

CONFERENCE SECTIONS
*       System Analysis and Control Theory
*       Complex Systems: Information Interaction Models
*       Control and Simulation in Open Systems
*       New Information Technologies
*       Regional Management
*       Emergency Control
*       Control and Measurement in Complex Technical Systems

THE CONFERENCE LANGUAGES
The Conference working languages are English and Russian.

The Conference will be held aboard the ship en route 
       Samara - Gorodets - Kostroma -Yaroslavl Nizhniy Novgorod - Samara
       on the Volga River.

INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
V.P. Myasnikov (Chairman) V.A. Vittikh (Vice-Chairman) 
L.G. Mazharov (Scientific Secretary)
G.P. Anshakov P. Borne, D. Brandt E.A. Fedosov M. Hasebe
V.V. Kadannikov, N.A. Kuznetsov L. Leifer, A.S. Narin'yani, I.V. Prangishvili
G. Rzhevski, N.A. Semikhatov,  V.P. Shorin,   E.D. Terajev, K.A. Titov,
E. Tyugu, S.N. Vassilyev, S.T. Vas'kov, R. Vichnevetski,  A.G. Zibarev

PROCEEDINGS OF CONFERENCE
The submitted papers will be published. They will be available for
participation at the time of registration. The Programming and Organizing
Committees assume that the authors will participate in success of the
Conference. The authors should:
   a) prepare the text of conference paper in camera-ready form according
      to guidelines which are stated in the attached "Guidelines to
      preparation of manuscript...";
   b) send to the Conference address the following: two copies of the paper
      printed text; the copy of the text in the MS Word; registration form.
      The deadline for paper is March 1, 2002. The authors of accepted papers,
      which are included into the Conference Program and Proceedings, are to
      receive a special information letter before April 1, 2002.

INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
Time for speech: plenary report 30 min, sectional report 15 min. The following
equipment will be available for the speaker: multi-media projector; overhead
and screen.

REGISTRATION FORM
You should give the following information in the registration form which
should be sent together with the draft of your paper: the title of your
report; the relevant section of the conference; information about yourself
and all of the report co-authors: full name; title and scientific degrees;
post; organization; contact address; telephone, fax and e-mail.

REGISTRATION FEE
The registration fee is 900 USD which includes:
1. Conference participation fee - 200 USD and
2. All inclusive full board - 700 USD, which includes:
  -   7 days in a single room on the board and daily breakfast, 
        lunch and dinner at a restaurant;
  -       Excursions around Gorodets, Kostroma, Yaroslavl and Nizhniy Novgorod;
  -       Conference banquet;
  -       Entertainment.

The registration fee 900 USD is to be transferred to the corresponding account
of Travel Agency Sputnik - Hermes (Russian Federation) that gives the ship to
the Conference. Detailed information on the registration fee payment will be
provided by the Organizing Committee later. The Registration fee is to be paid
before April 19, 2002.
Accompanying persons. The registration fee for accompanying persons is 700
USD, which includes: 7 days in a single room on the board and daily breakfast,
lunch and dinner at a restaurant; excursions around Gorodets, Kostroma,
Yaroslavl and Nizhniy Novgorod; conference banquet; entertainment events.

Additional information about program, accommodation, etc.
will be send to the participants during preparation of the conference.

GUIDELINES TO PREPARATION OF MANUSCRIPT
FOR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
CONTROL AND MODELING IN COMPLEX SYSTEMS
(the report title; the paragraph and text style: capital letters, bold,
centered, the spacing before 54 pt)

L.G. Mazharov (Author(s))
Institute for the Control of Complex Systems, RAS (Organization)
Sadovaya Str., 61, 443020, Samara, Russia (Full postal address)
E-mail [email-masked]
Tel. (8462) 32-39-27. Fax (8462) 33-27-70 (Aligned to center)

Keywords (bold): guidelines, report, conference (maximum 10 words which are
separated by commas; lowercase letters, justified).

Abstract (bold, indentation from left 0,75 cm)
The article contains rules of submission of the manuscripts on conference
(10 pt, indentation from left and right 0,75 cm, justified).

1. Introduction (heading; bold, indentation from left 0,75 cm, aligned left)
The papers will be published to the opening of the Conference as the
Conference Proceedings. The edition will be based on the reproduction of
papers, which are sent by authors. The quality of paper and its proofing is
responsibility of authors.
The limit of paper is SIX pages including all pictures and tables. Plenary
reports can be up to the TWELVE pages. All the pages should be entirely
occupied by contents.
The dispatch of the manuscript to the Organizing Committee in proper time and
the payment of Conference fee are the conditions for publishing of the paper
in the Conference Proceedings.
Submitting of manuscripts: not later March 1, 2002.
The authors of accepted papers, which are included into the Conference Program
and Proceedings, are to receive a special information letter before April 1,
2002.
The manuscript should be send in two printed copies of the text and as a MS
Word file on PC-formatted 3 1/2 inches diskette.
It is recommended to post the manuscript between the sheets of cardboard.
Those manuscripts, which do not meet the requirements of the Guidelines, WILL
NOT BE PUBLISHED.
The explanations of how to prepare text components are given in italic.

2. Guidelines for preparing of manuscript

2.1. General information (subheading; bold, indentation from left 0,75 cm,
aligned left)
Page Settings: paper size is A4 (210 x 297 mm); paper margins are: top - 25
mm, bottom - 25 mm, left - 25 mm, right 20 mm.
The used font should be Times New Roman, font size 12 pt (for abstract 10 pt,
for indexes not lesser than 8 pt). Line spacing: single. There must be no
headers or footers.
The title should be given in upper case letters in bold, indentation from top
54 pt, centered. The word hyphenation is not allowed.
The full name(s) of author(s), the organization and addresses are centered.
They should be preceded by an empty string, which follows the paper title.
The headings and sub-headings are bolded. They are on a single string, aligned
left, indentation from left 0.75 cm and are separated by an empty string.
The paragraphs of the text are justified, indentation from left 0.75 cm.
You MUST NOT PRINT PAGE NUMBERS! The page numbers will be printed later during
preparation of the Conference Proceedings.

2.2. Pictures, tables and formulae
A picture, which occupies more than half of page width, should be centered.
Otherwise the picture should be aligned left and the space on the right is
filled by text. Two small pictures can be presented together. The pictures,
and also photographs and graphs are numerated. They should have captions in
the form: Fig. X (or Tab. Y), where X (or Y) is corresponding number of
picture (or table). Captions are justified.
The formulae, which are presented in single string, should be indented from
left 0,75 cm. If needed, the formula number is given in brackets; it should be
aligned right.

2.3. Reference
The footnotes in the text should be numbered in Arabic numeral in square
brackets ([1], [2]) in order of appearance. The references are listed in the
end of document. Its title is References in bold; no chapter number is needed.
The examples of references for journals and books are given below.

3. Requirements for the printed copy of manuscript
The text should meet the requirements of the above chapter 2. The text should
be printed on one side of white paper (A4 210 x 297 mm).
If it is possible the manuscript should be printed on a laser printer.

4. Requirements for copy of the text on PC-formatted diskette
The text should meet the requirements of the above chapter 2.
The file with the text should be presented on PC-formatted 3 1/2 inches
diskette. Besides, the option with sending this file via electronic mail:
[email-masked] is also available.
The text should be composed in the MS Word. All the pictures should be of MS
Draw or Corel Draw format and should be embedded into the document. You can
also supplement the pictures as single files.

References
[1] Vittikh, V.A. Engineering theories as a basis for integrating deep
engineering knowledge // Artificial Intelligence in Engineering, v.11, n.1,
1997, p.p. 25-30.
[2] Nilsson, N.J. Principles of artificial intelligence, Palo Alto, CA: Tioga
Publ. 1980.

Biography
If the text of the paper does not occupied the last page entirely then you can provide a short biography of author(s) (maximum 300 words).

****************Sent by****************
Philip H. de Leon, International Trade Specialist the Upper Volga
Judith Robinson, International Trade Specialist the Lower Volga
Business Information Service for the Newly Independent States (BISNIS)
USA Trade Center
U.S. Department of Commerce
Washington, DC 20230
Tel: (202) 482-4655, Fax: (202) 482-2293
BISNIS Homepage: http://www.bisnis.doc.gov
*************************************
Additional information on Russia and the NIS is available via
BISNIS Online, at www.bisnis.doc.gov.  If you do not wish
to receive market reports on Russia
send a message to [email-masked]
*************************************