Subject: Invitation for Emerging Technologies

From: "Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 12:19:56 -0500

Dear users of computational chemistry:

You are invited to participate in the 2002 Symposium on 
Emerging Computational Technologies.  A $1000 prize, kindly 
sponsored by Schrodinger, Inc., will be to be presented for the 
best talk at the symposium.

The Computers in Chemistry Division (COMP) of the American 
Chemical Society will hold the third annual Symposium on 
Emerging Technologies at the American Chemical Society 
National Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, August 18-22, 2002.

The objective of the symposium is to stimulate, reward, and 
publicize methodological advances in computational chemistry.

The talks will be evaluated by a Panel of Experts based on the 
impact the research will have on the future of computational 
chemistry and allied sciences.  The symposium will be ideal for 
presenting your latest and best research on new techniques and 
software development.

To participate, it is necessary to submit a regular short ACS 
abstract via http://oasys.acs.org/.  It is also necessary that a long 
(1000-word, text-only) abstract be e-mailed to the organizer no 
later than March 18, 2002. The talks must be original and not be 
repeats of talks at other ACS symposia.

The long abstracts will be evaluated, and those individuals 
selected for an oral presentation at the symposium will be 
notified by the end of April.  Applications for the Emerging 
Technologies Symposium that cannot be accepted will be 
rescheduled into one of the other COMP sessions.

More information is available at 
http://membership.acs.org/C/COMP/

The long abstract and inquiries should e-mailed by March 18 to 
the organizer of the symposium:

Prof. Donald B. Boyd <e-mail [email-masked]>
Editor, Reviews in Computational Chemistry
	http://chem.iupui.edu/rcc/rcc.html
Department of Chemistry
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3274, U.S.A.