Subject: xmol source

From: David van der Spoel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:17:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Is there anybody that knows where to get the latest (1.5) xmol source 
code?

-- 
Groeten, David.
________________________________________________________________________
Dr. David van der Spoel, 	Biomedical center, Dept. of Biochemistry
Husargatan 3, Box 576,  	75123 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
[email-masked]	[email-masked]   http://zorn.bmc.uu.se/~spoel
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---

From: Ivan Rossi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:27:11 +0100 (CET)

> Is there anybody that knows where to get the latest (1.5) xmol source 

xmol used to be closed source. i never remember its source code to be available.
However there is an open source lookalike (clone)of xmol, calle xmakemol, which
does a good job of replacing it. if you are using debian woody/sid just do an
apt-get otherwise you can find it at

http://vegemite.chem.nott.ac.uk/~xmakemol/index.html

Hope it helps.
Ivan

--
Dr. Ivan Rossi - PNACoS Consulting & CIRB Biocomputing Unit
PNACoS, Via della Grada 4/F, I-40122 Bologna, ITALY
e-mail: [email-masked]   Web: http://www.biocomp.unibo.it/ivan

---

From: Richard Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:28:41 -0600 (CST)

> http://vegemite.chem.nott.ac.uk/~xmakemol/index.html

Xmol as an evolving tool is dead ... viewed/treated as a distractive 
software development event at a high-performance computing services
company. The source spins endlessly on disks at its the thrice bought
parent in Minneapolis. Current company name is netASPx. Praying for
a second coming is not a good use of one's time ...

However, I am aware of an effort nearing completion by one of the 
original developers to provide a similar easy to use, but very much 
extended tool. 

rbw  
#---------------------------------------------------
#
# Richard Walsh
# Project Manager, Cluster Computing, Computational
#                  Chemistry and Finance
# netASPx, Inc.
# 1200 Washington Ave. So.
# Minneapolis, MN 55415
# VOX:    612-337-3467
# FAX:    612-337-3400
# EMAIL:  [email-masked], [email-masked]
#
#---------------------------------------------------
# "What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
#  Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
#                                  -Goethe
#---------------------------------------------------
# "Without mystery, there can be no authority."
#                                  -Charles DeGaulle
#---------------------------------------------------
# "Why waste time learning when ignornace is 
#  instantaneous?"                 -Thomas Hobbes
#---------------------------------------------------
# "In the chaos of a river thrashing, all that water
#  still has to stand in line."    -Dave Dobbyn
#---------------------------------------------------
~