Subject: Upcoming NAMD Workshop

From: Jim Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:04:19 -0600 (CST)

Biomedical Applications of Molecular Dynamics on the TeraGrid

  April 17-19, 2002  (space is limited, register by *** March 7 ***)
  http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Divisions/eot/training/NAMD/

Hosted by NCSA and presented by the Theoretical Biophysics Group, this
workshop will familiarize biomedical researchers with computational
methods and provide practical training in applying supercomputing
resources to molecular dynamics simulations. Lectures will cover computing
resources available at NCSA, a general introduction to molecular modeling,
its benefits to research through the use of case studies, and a review of
available hardware and software tools. The use of the program NAMD will be
discussed in detail, and an optional half-day hands-on session will allow
participants to gain experience using NAMD and the visualization program
VMD, or other applications of their choice that are available at NCSA. No
prior supercomputing or molecular modeling experience is necessary.

The workshop will be held in Champaign, IL and broadcast April 17-18 on
the Access Grid to Boston University, North Dakota State University, and
the Ohio Supercomputing Center.