Subject: line broadening in conjugated polymers

From: sergiusz kwasniewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:19:28 +0100 (MET)

Hi everyone,

I've got an interesting question about the line broadening of the first
electronic
absorption band in conjugated polymers:

- It seems that some people believe it's due to vibronic coupling,
- others claim that it's due to a distribution of conformational 'subunits' 
  (localized conjugated systems due to conformational disorder in the polymer),
- still others say that the formation of aggregates in films are the main
contributors,
- ...

Does anyone know if someone has tried to investigate all these effects in a
e.g. review article ? What are the important references that try to tackle
these problems ?

I will summarize,
Thanks in advance, 

Serge K.

___________________________________________________

	Sergiusz Kwasniewski
	LUC SBG/TS
	Universitaire Campus Gebouw D
	3590 Diepenbeek
	BELGIUM

	tel(direct): 032 (0)11/268315
	fax	   : 032 (0)11/268301
	email      : [email-masked]
	http://www.luc.ac.be/Research/TheoChem
___________________________________________________