Subject: ACS Symposium on Tautomerism and Protonation States in the Context of Virtual Screening

From: "Robert S. Pearlman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:59:51 -0600

Dear Colleagues --

Something appears to have gone wrong!

I thought that "Tautomerism and Protonation States in the Context of
Virtual Screening" would be an excellent topic for a Symposium at the
Boston ACS meeting and I expected that there would be numerous abstracts
submitted.  Thus, I was very surprised and disappointed when, upon
returning to the US, I checked the ACS web-site and found that only one
abstract (Keith & Catherine Davies') has been submitted!!  I was about
to contact the Chair of the COMP Division and suggest cancelling this
Symposium but then noticed an e-mail from Yvonne Martin saying:

> I was surprised to see that my talk was not scheduled. 
> Did I forget to send in the abstract?

Given that Yvonne Martin is not the sort of person who forgets about
submitting abstracts and given that the only abstract received was
submitted back in February (before most people get around to it), it
appears that there *may* have been some temporary problem with the
abstract submission process. I submitted a test abstract just moments
ago and it worked perfectly.

IF YOU WANT TO PRESENT A PAPER AT THE AFOREMENTIONED SYMPOSIUM, PLEASE
SUBMIT OR RESUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT NOW!!!  THE ACS DEADLINE (not mine!) IS
APRIL 1ST.
It might also be a good idea to send me a copy of your abstract.