Subject: APBS public software release (fwd)

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:56:41 -0500 (EST)

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:49:27 -0800
From: Nathan A. Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: APBS public software release

Dear List Administrators --

Could you please add the following to the CCL Software List on the web
page?  Thank you!

  I am pleased to announce the public availability of the beta release
  of the Adaptive Poisson-Boltzmann Solver (APBS) code.  APBS is new
  software designed to solve the Poisson-Boltzmann equation for very
  large biomolecular systems.  This code uses new highly scalable
  parallel domain decomposition methods together with fast numerical
  solvers to provide efficient evaluation of electrostatic potentials
  around biomolecules in implicit solvent systems.  

  For more information, please visit the APBS web site at
  http://mccammon.ucsd.edu/apbs.  Users are also encouraged to join
  the APBS announcement (send the message "subscribe apbs-announce" to
  [email-masked]) and user (send the message "subscribe
  apbs-user" to [email-masked]) mailing lists.

  Thank you for your interest in APBS.

-- 
University of California at San Diego, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
4206 Urey Hall, 9500 Gilman Dr., Mail Code 0365, San Diego, CA 92093-0365
Phone: (858) 822-0169, Fax: (858) 534-7042, Mobile: (858) 349-3783
URL: http://wasabi.ucsd.edu, E-mail:  [email-masked]