Subject: CCL:gaussian 98 compilation on sgi

From: Jochen Buehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:16:42 +0100

Dr. Daniel Glossman-Mitnik writes:
 > Dear netters:
 > 
 > I have trying to compile Gausssian 98 Rev. A11.2 on a Silicon
 > Graphics O2 (R12000 - 400 MHz) with no luck. I have tried the
 > sgi.make makefile that came with the software, and I have also
 > tried the modified version that´s published in the WebMO.net
 > web page. The compilers came with the machine are f77 version
 > 7.0 and C version 7.0.

I've compiled A.9 on several SGIs running IRIX 6.5.x using
the MIPSPro 7.3.x compilers (as stated on
http://www.gaussian.com/g98_req.htm). Maybe the 7.0.x compilers
are too old and no longer supported?

Never needed to do more on IRIX machines than starting the g98 build 
with the bldg98 script...

Regards,

Jochen

-- 
Jochen Buehler, Dipl.-Chem      EMail:  [email-masked]
AG Prof. Dr. Daltrozzo                 [email-masked]
Fachbereich Chemie              Phone: +49-7531-882095
Universitaet Konstanz           Fax:   +49-7531-88792095
78457 Konstanz, Germany