Subject: CCL Coordinator needs your help -- I really do!!!

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 23:01:29 -0500 (EST)

Dear CCL Subscribers,

I hope that by running this list I can occasionally ask you for your support.
This time I am asking for two supports {:-)}  Yes, I am shameless...

   1) For CCL itself. Please help with your donations, purchase of
      CCL archives, and contributions to archives, There is also a new
      service: paying for job announcements. Check:
          http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/announcements/jobs
      (do not jump -- it is still free, but if you want to pay for it, I will
      provide you with the tools --- the quotations and invoices when needed).
      CCL needs your support... I am very busy lately, and the list needs
      constant attention, additions, and development. With the hostile
      Internet environment, it needs more attention to details than ever.
      This is done by my student coworkers -- you pay their salaries, so
      please help. The information how to support CCL is on the front page
      of CCL Web site: www.ccl.net

   2) Please come to the meetings I am co-organizing on computational
      materials science. Check the Web site:

           http://asdn.net/emrs/fall2002

      and the links to Spring E-MRS and Moscow Nano & Giga Conference.
      The meetings have already attracted a lot of interest and we have
      great speakers and topics lined up. Please come...
      Be a participant and submit a paper. If you are "in a position", consider
      encouraging your institution to sponsor, provide training, or have
      a booth at the E-MRS Fall 2002 meeting.  This will be a highly
      visible event!!!

I attach a short description of the E-MRS Fall 2002 Symposium A in Cracow.
I am sorry if you saw it before, since I did recently a massive mailing
about this meeting. Please distribute this information within your
organization and with your colleagues if you think that they may be
interested. THANK YOU!!!

The European Materials Research Society Meetings are Europe's largest
gatherings of material scientists and engineers. The Fall 2002 Meeting
will be held in Cracow, Poland. Please consider being a part of this
meeting by attending Symposium A:

   SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT FOR PROCESS AND MATERIALS DESIGN.

         http://asdn.net/emrs/fall2002

        Sept. 15-19    Cracow, Poland

The E-MRS Meeting is traditionally very well attended with participants from
Europe, Asia, and The Americas. We have already confirmed very good speakers
and we are working on inviting even more high caliber presenters. Several
sessions are planned spanning non-empirical and empirical approaches,
at different scales for different materials needs. Check our Web site for
details and start working on your abstract (the deadline is May 7, 2002 !!!).
We will publish papers presented at the meeting with Elsevier. Details
will be provided by the Meeting Organizers soon.  While the emphasis of
the symposium is on methodology development, papers which present excellent
examples of applications are also invited. We plan to organize topical sessions
and start each session from the overview of the current state-of-the-art.
There are also other symposia at this meeting -- for topics check the Web site
and links given there.

Last but not least, the location of the meeting is very attractive.
Cracow, a well known tourist attraction, is a beautiful historical
city with charming atmosphere. While the meeting will be quite busy,
there will be time to go to the Old Market Place or to see the Wawel Castle.
This is a perfect time to be in Krakow with the summer crowds gone, and
the beautiful colors of fall coming to the Planty -- the green belt which
marks the location of old city walls.

Please also consider supporting our meeting (details are available on
the Web). This meeting would be a great opportunity to gain publicity
and to present your products in this dynamically developing part of the world.

If you know someone who may be interested in participating in this
important meeting, or if you belong to the mailing list or newsgroup
which can benefit from participating in this meeting, please forward
this message. This will be a good and informative meeting.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jan Labanowski ([email-masked]) for the Organizing Committee:

Anatoli A. Korkin             Jim Greer            Stanislaw Kucharski
[email-masked]  [email-masked]   [email-masked]

------
Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.ccl.net/