Subject: Accelrys Life Science Training in Paris, France

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:40:43 +0000

Accelrys will be holding a pair of 2-day workshops at the Université 
Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France.

On May 21-22, the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences" workshop 
will be offered.  This course provides an overview of molecular modelling 
techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The workshop 
will focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will explore 
various modules in the areas of rational-drug design, structure-based drug 
design, and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modelling experience is not 
assumed making this course a great place to learn molecular modelling with 
Cerius2.

On May 23-24, the " Small Molecule and Drug Design with Cerius2" workshop 
will be offered.  This workshop is aimed at our customers who are involved 
in drug design or the development of other bioactive compounds and who 
would like to make more effective use of modelling in their research.  The 
course will focus on QSAR techniques and methodologies as well as 
structure-based ligand design.  Attendees should possess knowledge of 
basic UNIX commands and have a basic understanding of QSAR theory. 
Familiarity with the Cerius2 environment is required for attendance to 
this workshop.  Both suggested prerequisites can be met by attending the 
introductory workshop.

Fees for each 2-day course are 1200 euro commercial, 900 euro government, 
and 660 euro academic.  If payment is made through a credit card, the fees 
are US$1200 commercial, US$900 government, and US$660 academic (excl VAT). 
 However, register for both courses and receive a 10% discount for the 
second course.

Registration is on-line at URL http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/registration.php.  Further detailed information about this and other Accelrys training 
workshops can be found at the Accelrys website (http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/schedule.html).  Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Tien Luu
+44 1223 402 895

Judith Madeley
+44 1132 033 714