Subject: MESP visualization

From: "Victor Anisimov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:53:21 +0200

Dear CCLers,

I'd like to make nice 3D visualization of a molecular electrostatic
potential calculated
for 120 000 atoms protein system on Connolly surface. My MESP file is a
textual file
with three columns corresponding to Cartesian coordinates of a point and
fourth
column containing MESP value, i.e. each line corresponds to a separate point
on
the Connolly surface. Number of points on one Connolly surface is about one
million.
No cube format is possible I guess by size of the molecule and number of the
mesh
points one would need to store in the cube file.

Can someone suggest me a free software that can read this file and draw nice
3D
map with colours corresponding to MESP value? My hardware limitation is 1GB
RAM and Windows/Linux single Athlon CPU machine. I'd greatly appreciate any
hints.

Thank you in advance,
Victor.