Subject: 02.09.10 Nano and Giga Challenges in Microelectronics -- Moscow

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:13:15 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Computational Chemistry List, 

Please, find the latest update on the Nano and Giga Challenges
in Microelectronics conference in Moscow. It contains a significant
computational materials science component. The CCL (through its
coordinator [email-masked] (Jan K Labanowski {:-)}) is also involved
in organizing other meetings with important computational materials science
and computational chemistry components. Pointers at:
                http://www.ccl.net
CHECK IT OUT!!!

All the best... Try to stay calm in these trying times...

And for the participants of ACS@Orlando, welcome back home {:-)} (except
these guys, who stay a little bit longer and enjoy...).

Jan
=============================================================================

                         Symposium and Summer School on

                  Nano and Giga Challenges in Microelectronics

                      Research and Opportunities in Russia

                         Moscow, September 10-13, 2002

                    http://www.AtomicScaleDesign.Net/Moscow

CONFERENCE BACKGROUND
=====================
An essential enabler of the information society -- microelectronics -- is
a field at the threshold of a new phase. The next stage, involving
nanometer scale structures, and integration levels including billions of
transistors, presents a number of unprecedented challenges in their
practical realization, and requires new materials, new technologies in
photolithography and semiconductor processing, new devices, and new
design strategies.

Russia, with its large intellectual potential, outstanding education
system, and strong scientific tradition, is in the position to make a
significant contribution toward solving these challenges. This meeting is
dedicated to bringing together scientists and engineers from academia,
industry and national labs to discuss recent achievements and
collaborative efforts in solving these problems.

MEETING FORMAT
==============
The scientific program includes a Summer School (first 2 days) and a
Symposium (last 2 days). The Summer School program consists of tutorial
(plenary) lectures followed by panel discussions involving both
participants and speakers. The Symposium includes plenary sections in the
morning, which are followed by oral presentations and poster sessions in
the afternoon. Evening sessions will focus on technology trends and
collaborative discussions.

TECHNICAL SCOPE
===============
Abstracts are invited in the following areas:

 *  atomic scale design: theory and experiment
 *  fabrication of nanodevices
 *  highest frequency electronics
 *  integrated and subwave optoelectronics
 *  magnetic materials and spintronics
 *  molecular electronics
 *  new materials and processes for future FETs
 *  nanotubes: future wires and other devices
 *  non-silicon materials and devices
 *  predicting global technology trends
 *  quantum effects in devices
 *  system design technologies
 *  tutorials on nanotechnology and nanoelectronics

CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRMEN
======================
Evgeniy Velikhov (Kurchatov Institute, Russia) and Andreas Wild (DDL
Motorola, Germany)

ORGANIZING & PROGRAM COMMITTEE
==============================
Boris Aronzon, Alexander Bagatur'yants, Gennadi Bersuker, Vladimir
Betelin, Dmitry Borisov, Bruno Chaudret, Evgeniya Davidova, Alex Demkov,
Rickey Faehl, Stanislav Fedulov, Konstantin Golant, Alexey Golubev, Jim
Greer, Evgeniy Gusev, Pavel Kashkarov, Anatoli Korkin (co-chairman), Jan
Labanowski, Maria Oseeva, Dmitry Panfilov, Boris Potapkin (co-chairman),
Doug Resnick, Irene Rybakova, Elena Shulakova, Alex Volinsky, Alexander
Zakharov, Yekaterina Zikeeva

SCIENTIFIC & ADVISORY BOARD
===========================
Michail Alfimov, Vitaliy Aristov, Boris Borisov, Rick Brzozowy, Evgeniy
Dianov, Edward Hall, Takeo Hattori, Siegfried Hecker, Radiy Il'kayev,
William Johnson, Carl Kutche, Gerald Lucovsky, Evgeniy Meilikhov
(co-chairman), Marius Orlowski (co-chairman), David Pappas, Vladimir
Rusanov, Paul Siffert, Jim Toevs

SPONSORS
========
Digital DNA Lab Motorola, Russian Research Center Kurchatov Institute,
Nuclear Cities Initiative, Nuclear Threat Initiative, Moscow State
University, Russian Federal Nuclear Center, European Office of Aerospace
Research and Development United States Air Force

SPEAKERS
========
Gennadi Bersuker, Alex Bratkovski, Bruno Chaudret, Ramon Compano, Gabriel
Crean, Roger Elliott, David Ferry, Julian Gale, David Gilmer, Willam
Goddard III, Eugene Golant, Alexander Granovski, David Graves, Vladimir
Gritsenko, Detlev Gruetzmacher, Evgeni Gusev, Takeo Hattori, Scott
Hector, Howard Huff, Mitsuteru Inoue, Natalia Kirova, Nikolay Kukhtarev,
Kaupo Kukli, Patrick Lenahan, Konstantin Likharev, Gerald Lucovsky,
Evgeni Meilikhov, Oleg Okhotnikov, Alexander Popov, Efim Portnoi, Victor
Printz, Ronald Pyle, Nikolai Rambidi, Mark Schattenburg, Otto Sankey,
Konstantin Svidzinskiy, Peter Ventzek, Victor Veselago, Alex Volinsky,
Ken-Ichi Ueda

Details about the program, registration, abstracts, publication, venue,
visas,  financial aid, Moscow, etc., etc., available at the web site:

           http://asdn.net/moscow

We are looking forward to see you at our meeting in Moscow!