Subject: Call for speakers at ACS National meeting in Boston, Aug 18-22

From: Terry Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:00:03 -0700

All those interested are cordially invited to submit abstracts for this
symposium.

National ACS Meeting: Boston August 18-22, 2002

Informatics Challenges for Start-Up Companies
Division of Chemical Information

This symposium is intended for discussion of the unique informatics
challenges facing start-up companies. Talks for this symposium may deal on
any aspect of cheminformatics, bioinorganics, or management of other
scientific information. This includes such topics as. 

	1)	Managing information with limited resources (money and
support staff)
	2)	Commercial versus customized information management systems
for your workplace.
	3)	Making applications from different sources work together.
	4)	How to efficiently share information across different groups
or departments
	5)	Integrating information with partners or other
collaborators.
	6)	Standardizing hardware/software for increased efficiency.
	7)	Registration systems for internal databases

Talks may focus on either solutions for these issues, or discussion of the
problems that still confront organizations in informatics handling. Speakers
are not limited to those working at start-ups. Anyone with knowledge in this
area is welcome to submit an abstract. Talks will be 25 minutes, with 5
minutes for discussion/questions.

Until April 19, abstracts may be entered electronically, via the OASYS
system on the ACS web site (www.oasys.acs.org), then select Division of
Chemicals Information and the title of this symposium). After that date or,
if you have problems, please send abstracts directly to me
([email-masked]).

Thanks for your interest.

Terry Wright
MDL Information Systems