Subject: New Intel Compilers

From: The Matt <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 14:22:00 -0600

As an FYI to CCL, Intel today released Version 6.0 of their compilers. 
As I'm sure most of us use Linux, there are a few new additions to the
Linux compilers.  The main improvement is partial compatibility of the
C++ compiler with the GNU gcc compiler.  Many of the GNU C language
extensions are now supported.

For more info, goto:

http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/

Matt Thompson
-- 
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good
and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!" -- The Tick
  TheMatt -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/Home.html

---

From: Herbert Fruchtl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:31:54 +0100

> extensions are now supported.
First question from a quantum chemist: does it support LFS (files > 2
GB) on kernels that allow it?

  Herbert

---

From: David van der Spoel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 06:07:11 +0200 (CEST)

>GB) on kernels that allow it?
yes, I tested it. But... not over NFS 2, only on local disks.

-- 
Groeten, David.
________________________________________________________________________
Dr. David van der Spoel, 	Biomedical center, Dept. of Biochemistry
Husargatan 3, Box 576,  	75123 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
[email-masked]	[email-masked]   http://zorn.bmc.uu.se/~spoel
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++