Subject: GAMESS - Parallel - More information about the problem

From: antonio luiz oliveira de noronha <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:32:10 -0300 (BSC)

Hi

Let me explain the problem better.

I'm using an already pre-optimized geometry for my problem.

The first run is a UHF/DFT.
In the second one, the restart, I use GUESS=MOREAD, and add the $VEC in
the .inp file, and change the geometry for the last on generated in the
initial run. The wavefunction that I add in the $VEC is already converged.

Even adding the MOREAD card , and an previously converged wavefunction in
the $VEC, the initial step in the restart run is to reoptmize the wave
function, what is taking all the time I have to continue my optimization.

My question is, how should I set the control cards in order to restart the
calculation and the GAMESS do not reoptimize the wavefunction I am giving
in the $VEC??
Can I do this??

I hope this clarify a bit the problem.

Regards

 ______________________________________________________________________
|                                                                      |
|Antonio Luiz Oliveira de Noronha   -   [email-masked]    |
|EEPEMM - Eletronic Spectra and Electromagnetic Properties of Molecules|
|Theoretical Physical Chemistry                                        |
|Chemistry Departament - DQ                                            |
|UFMG - Federal University of Minas Gerais - Brazil                    |
|Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 - Campus Pampulha                            |
|CEP 31270-901 - Belo Horizonte - MG - Brazil                          |
|VOICE +55 31 499 5757   -   FAX +55 31 499 5700                       |
|______________________________________________________________________|