Subject: Computational Protein Structure Analysis Workshop (May 24, 2002)

From: "Glenda Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:25:23 -0400

George Mason University
School of Computational Sciences

Computational Protein Structure Analysis and Structural Genomics

One-day workshop

May 24, 2002

This intensive workshop is designed for scientists with limited prior
experience in computational molecular biology. The course covers
theoretical approaches, techniques and computational tools for protein
structure analysis, classification, and prediction. The workshop will
consist of lectures and hands-on computer laboratory sessions.

The workshop provides an overview of methods and algorithms for protein
structure analysis. Students will acquire knowledge of fundamental
principles as well as practical skills necessary to use modern
computational tools for protein structure analysis. The topics include
protein geometry and topology, 3D structure and structure
classification databases, knowledge-based protein modeling, and
structural genomics.

Instructor: Iosif Vaisman, Associate Professor of Bioinformatics,
School of Computational Sciences, George Mason University

The course will be taught using state-of-the-art training facilities at
the Prince William Campus of George Mason University (in the
Washington, DC area).

For more information see
http://www.ib3.gmu.edu/educate/proteinstructure
or email Glenda Wilson ([email-masked]).

Tuition fee - $380. Discounts for multiple participants from the
same organization are available.
Continuing education credits might be available. Participation is
limited to 20 people. You may apply online at
http://ib3.gmu.edu/educate/registration/Registration.htm

GMU workshops are intensive hands-on courses designed to teach cutting
edge methods in molecular biology, biotechnology and bioinformatics.
Several courses on different topics are offered each year. All
participants benefit from in-depth interaction with instructors. To
learn more about the other workshops visit the workshops web site at
http://www.ib3.gmu.edu/workshops

Glenda Wilson
Professional Training and Education