Subject: Moscow (Nano & Giga) & Cracow (E-MRS) Meetings: Final Call for Papers

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleague,

This is the final call to contribute a paper to very interesting Conferences
in mid September of 2002:

   Nano & Giga Challenges in Microelectronics, Sep 10-13, Moscow,
   --------------------------------------------------------------
                                  and

   Software Development for Process & Materials Design, Sept 15-19, Cracow.
   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The deadline for abstract submission is until the end of this month, so please
do not procrastinate.

 =========================================================================
 |  Nano & Giga Challenges in Microelectronics, Sep 10-13, 2002. Moscow  |
 =========================================================================
                    http://asdn.net/moscow
   This conference brings together highest caliber specialists from all
   over the world, THEORETICIANS and EXPERIMENTALISTS alike, to answer the
   the question: What next? The wide range of problems (atomic scale design,
   magnetic materials, optoelectronics, FETs, nanotubes, clusters, nonoscale
   reliability, etc.) is discussed on the highest level. Yet, the second
   part of the conference is a Summer School with the world experts providing
   introduction to their specialties. A great opportunity to learn more in
   your specific field and to venture into adjacent areas. We hope that
   bringing this mix of leaders in this field will results in new ideas,
   a few converts, and plenty to write about in your grant proposals for
   years to come. Visit the Conference site:
                 http://asdn.net/moscow
   Even if you cannot come, it will be the time well spend and you will
   learn about hot issues being discussed at the conference.

 ===========================================================================
 | Software Development for Process & Materials Design, Sept 15-19, Cracow |
 ===========================================================================
                    http://asdn.net/emrs/fall2002
   The focus of this symposium is: software development and methodology.
   Again it can be of interest not only to computationally oriented materials
   scientists and engineers, but also for those experimentalists who want
   to incorporate powerful and promising computational methods in their
   research. The following topics will be discussed: Quantum Monte Carlo,
   ab initio and (semi)empirical approaches, multiscale, molecular modeling,
   combinatorial, HTS, QSAR/QSPR, biotech, approaches to process design, and
   cheminformatics. The representative examples of applications will also be
   available. The symposium has an educational component and keynote speakers
   will provide necessary background to follow the more advanced talks. It is
   a rare opportunity for experimentalists to learn about available software
   and approaches from the experts. The beauty of Cracow, and the importance
   of this emerging research basin of Central Europe should help those
   undecided. Please visit the symposium pages at:
              http://asdn.net/emrs/fall2002
   and peek at additional symposia and plenary sessions of this
   E-MRS Fall 2002 meeting by following links at the Web site.

======================================================================

If you have more time, you may want to conveniently score two meetings
(as will do the organizers). If you have additional questions contact the
organizers on the web site, or send e-mail to the undersigned. Thank you
for your patience, and accept our warmest invitation:

Jan Labanowski, Ph.D.,
Senior Scientist
Ohio Supercomputer Cnter
Columbus, Ohio 43212-1163, USA
E-mail: [email-masked]

For the organizing committee:
Jim Greer (National Microelectronics Research Centre, Cork, Ireland)
Anatoli A. Korkin (Motorola Inc., Mesa, AZ, USA)
Stanislaw A. Kucharski (University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland).