Subject: q question regarding a structure

From: Rajarshi Guha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:00:28 -0400

Hi,
  I've been trying to look for the structure (and CAS number) of 

o,s diethyl methyl phosphonothlolate

I've looked on the free online databases as well as the CAS substance index, 
but I could'nt find anything. I'd appreicate it if anybody who knows the 
structure and/or CAS number could let me know.

TIA.,

- -- 
- -------------------------------------------------------------------
Rajarshi Guha                  | email: [email-masked]
417 Davey Laboratory           | web  : http:// www.jijo.cjb.net
Dept. Of Chemistry             | ICQ  : 123242928
Pennsylvania State University  | AIM  : LoverOfPanda
- -------------------------------------------------------------------
GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6  1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A 
Public Key     : http://pgp.mit.edu/
- -------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is like the measles; we all have to go through it.
		-- Jerome K. Jerome

---

From: Jonathan Brecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:47:51 -0400

>but I could'nt find anything.

That's not surprising, since the name is incompletely specified and has at
least one additional typo.  You have three ligands (ethyl, ethyl, methyl),
but only two locants (O, S).  There's a typo somewhere.  If I had to guess,
I'd speculate that you're looking for O,S-diethyl O-methyl
phosphonothioate, which is clearly P(=O)(OCC)(SCC)OC -- but that's strictly
a guess based on incomplete information.  There's roughly a dozen other
substances that you might be looking for, depending on the actual
resolution of the typos.

Jonathan Brecher
CambridgeSoft Corporation
[email-masked]