Subject: RTIL bonds and viscosity

From: [email-masked] (Alan Shusterman)
Date: 03 Jun 2002 13:07:56 PDT

I am studying the chemical and physical properties of room-temperature ionic
liquids (RTIL) like N-butylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate (bmim BF4).

Can anyone point me at computational studies of these compounds? I'm
particularly interested in the following properties:

	bond energies

	proton affinities

	solvent viscosity

Also, is there a good way to predict viscosity using molecular models? Any
leading references would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

-Alan

====

Alan Shusterman

Department of Chemistry

Reed College

3203 S.E. Woodstock Blvd.

Portland, OR 97202

503-771-1112, ext. 7699