Subject: Compiling G98 A11 on Linux

From: Yubo Fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 10:55:22 -0500

Dear Sir/Lady,

We've got a copy of Gaussian 98 A11 and we tried to compile it on our
Linux box. We used the Atlas library provided in the CD-ROM and PGI F77
to compile G98A11. After it's compiled, I tried to run test jobs but
failed. G98 always gives the error message--g98: error while loading
shared libraries: g98: undefined symbol: flush_. Can you help me to
solve this problem? My computer is a P4 Xeon dual processor Linux box.
BTW, there is only 256KB cache in our P4 chips. How can we change the
default value, 512KB, into 256KB in the Atlas library? I also tried the
libraries, which are optimized for P4, downloaded on the web

Thank you very much.

I am looking forward to receiving your reply as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Yubo

--
============================================================
Yubo Fan                   Email: [email-masked]
Department of Chemistry    Tel:   1-979-845-7222
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843
============================================================