Subject: Re: CCL:Graphics Programs for Visualizing ADF MOs

From: Hans Martin Senn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 01:20:05 +0200

>     I am relatively new to the ADF DFT package and I was wondering 
>if someone could point me to a good molecular graphics viewer for 
>ADF jobs.  In particular I am interested in viewing molecular 
>structures, Molecular Orbitals and animating vibrational frequencies 
>with it. 

Hello Stephen,

have a look at Jmol (http://jmol.sourceforge.net/). It is a 
Java-based molecular viewer, hence platform-independent. It is 
capable of reading ADF's output files (and a number of other formats) 
and can animate sequences of structures as well as vibrations; not 
molecular orbitals or densities, however.
The quality of the graphics is very decent, and the program is under 
active development.

Regards,

Hans
-- 
........................................................
Dr. Hans Martin Senn            Phone  +1 403 220 8204
University of Calgary           Fax    +1 403 289 9488
Department of Chemistry         E-Mail [email-masked]
2500 University Drive N.W.
Calgary, Alberta
Canada, T2N 1N4