Subject: memory problem

From: "WANG, YIXUAN " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:49:05 -0400

To those who have experience on Linda,

     As I ran a medium-size job in single processor with requested
memory=13mw, it could successfully ran even if 2 or 3 other jobs were
running meanwhile. To do multi-processor calculation, I increased
Nproclinda=3 ( we have four nodes, each with 2CPU)  and kept the same memory
request or less (8mw), initially the job really went to other nodes, however
after a while it crashed regardless of jobs running or idle in other nodes.
The error message read like this,

Linda panic on node master.cl.usc.edu: No more memory for Tuple Space
9sbrk() failure)
forrtl: error (76): IOT trap signal
Fatal: ran out of heap space
ntsnet: master process exited with return value 1

Thanks for your help.

Yixuan Wang
Department of Chemical  Engineering
University of  South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208