Subject: Accelrys Cerius2 Training in North Carolina

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:56:41 +0100

Accelrys Inc. will be holding two workshops involving the Cerius2 user
interface at the North Carolina Supercomputing Center, Research 
Triangle Park, North Carolina in September 2002.

The "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences Workshop" will be offered 
on
September 17-18.  This course provides an overview of molecular modelling
techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The workshop 
will
focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will explore various
modules in the areas of rational-drug design, structure-based drug design,
and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modelling experience is not assumed
making this course a great place to learn molecular modelling with 
Cerius2.

On September 19-20, the " Small Molecule and Drug Design with Cerius2" 
workshop 
will be offered.  This workshop is aimed at our customers who are involved 
in 
drug design or the development of other bioactive compounds and who would 
like to make more effective use of modelling in their research.  The 
course will 
focus on QSAR techniques and methodologies as well as structure-based 
ligand design.  Attendees should possess knowledge of basic UNIX 
commands and have a basic understanding of QSAR theory.  Familiarity 
with the Cerius2 environment is required for attendance to this workshop. 
 
Both suggested prerequisites can be met by attending the introductory 
workshop. 

Fees for each 2-day course are $1200 commercial, $900 government,
and $660 academic. 

Registration is on-line at URL 
http://www.accelrys.com/training/rdd/registration.php.  Further detailed 
information about this and other Accelrys training workshops can be found 
at the Accelrys website 
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/rdd/schedule.html). 

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Tien Luu
+44 1223 228 608

Judith Madeley
+44 1223 228 609