Subject: Accelrys Bioinformatics Workshops in San Diego

From: Jeffrey Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:27:53 -0700

Accelrys Inc. will be holding three bioinformatics workshops at our office 
in San Diego, CA, July 16-19.

On July 16-17, the workshop "Wisconsin Package and SeqLab" will be 
offered.  The GCG Wisconsin Package® is the most widely used 
bioinformatics suite in the world.  Containing over 130 programs, it 
covers almost every aspect of sequence analysis. This workshop describes 
the use of the Wisconsin Package through the X-Windows interface SeqLab®. 
Many of the basic functions are described in detail with enough 
theoretical description to obtain an understanding of many of the 
programs.  No prior experience with the Wisconsin Package is required but 
some knowledge of bioinformatics techniques will be helpful.

On July 18, the one-day "SeqWeb Workshop" will be offered. This workshop 
is relevant to customers who already know about the Wisconsin Package but 
who would like to use a web-based interface.  SeqWeb provides intranet 
access to some of the more popular applications in the Wisconsin Package 
> from a web browser.  A prerequisite for this course is experience with the 
Wisconsin Package or completion of the "Wisconsin Package and SeqLab 
Workshop".

Finally, on July 19, the one-day "Desktop Visualization and Communication 
with ViewerPro Workshop" will be conducted.  This workshop is designed for 
chemists, biochemists, biologists, or anyone else who wants high-quality 
molecular modeling, visualization, and analysis on their desktop. This 
one-day workshop focuses on the use of Viewer Pro with Microsoft desktop 
products for communication and integration.  It is an excellent complement 
to the Wisconsin Package training for the visualization of protein 
structures.

Fees per individual for the 2-day "Wisconsin Package and SeqLab Workshop" 
are $1200 commercial, $900 government/nonprofit, and $660 academic.  Fees 
for either the "SeqWeb" or the "Desktop Visualization and Communication 
with ViewerPro" workshops are $600 commercial, $450 government/nonprofit, 
or $330 academic each. 

Registration is on-line at URL 
http://www.accelrys.com/training/bioinf/schedule.html.  Further detailed 
information about this and other Accelrys training workshops can be found 
at the Accelrys website (http://www.accelrys.com/training/index.html). 
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Jeffrey L. Nauss
858-799-5555

Pei-Li Li
858-799-5471

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, Ph.D.
Manager US Training,
Global Bioinformatics and Macromolecular Modeling Training

Accelrys Inc.
9685 Scranton Road
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

Phone: 858-799-5555
Fax: 858-799-5100
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.accelrys.com/training