Subject: Python for scientific computing

From: Michel Sanner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

This is an announcement for a workshop on Python for Scientific Computing. This 
first edition of the workshop will have a strong emphasis on molecular sciences.

Please visit the web site http://www.scipy.org/site_content/scipy02 for 
registration and more information about the workshop. Attendance has been 
limited to 50 participants.

Best regards,

----------------------------------------
Python for Scientific Computing Workshop
----------------------------------------

CalTech, Pasadena, CA
Septemer 5-6, 2002

http://www.scipy.org/site_content/scipy02

This workshop provides a unique opportunity to learn and affect what is
happening in the realm of scientific computing with Python. Attendees will
have the opportunity to review the available tools and how they apply to
specific problems. By providing a forum for developers to share their Python
expertise with the wider industrial, academic, and research communities,
this workshop will foster collaboration and facilitate the sharing of
software components, techniques and a vision for high level language use in
scientific computing.

The two-day workshop will be a mix of invited talks and training sessions in
the morning. The afternoons will be breakout sessions with the intent of
getting standardization of tools and interfaces.

The cost of the workshop is $50.00 and includes 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches
on Sept. 5th and 6th, one dinner on Sept. 5th, and snacks during breaks.

There is a limit of 50 attendees.  Should we exceed the limit of 50
registrants, the 50 persons selected to attend will be invited individually
by the organizers.

Discussion about the conference may be directed to the SciPy-user mailing
list:

mailto:[email-masked]

http://www.scipy.org/MailList

-------------
Co-Hosted By:
-------------

The National Biomedical Computation Resource (NBCR, SDSC, San Diego, CA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://nbcr.sdsc.edu
The mission of the National Biomedical Computation Resource at the San Diego
Supercomputer Center is to conduct, catalyze, and enable biomedical research
by harnessing advanced computational technology.

The Center for Advanced Computing Research (CACR, CalTech, Pasadena, CA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://nbcr.sdsc.edu
CACR is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the field of
high-performance computing, communication, and data engineering. Major
activities include carrying out large-scale scientific and engineering
applications on parallel supercomputers and coordinating collaborative
research projects on high-speed network technologies, distributed computing
and database methodologies, and related topics. Our goal is to help further
the state of the art in scientific computing.

Enthought, Inc. (Austin, TX)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://enthought.com
Enthought, Inc. provides business and scientific computing solutions through
software development, consulting and training.  Enthought also fosters the
development of SciPy, an open source library of scientific tools for Python.

_______________________________________________
Scipy-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.scipy.net/mailman/listinfo/scipy-dev

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.                   The Scripps Research Institute
Assistant Professor			Department of Molecular Biology
					  10550 North Torrey Pines Road
Tel. (858) 784-2341				     La Jolla, CA 92037
Fax. (858) 784-2860
[email-masked]                        http://www.scripps.edu/sanner
-----------------------------------------------------------------------