Subject: SAW for protein lattice models

From: Ramón Garduño-Juárez<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:13:22 -0500

Dear CCLers:

I am designing a molecular modeling course for next semester. One of the 
key topics I am
planning to include is the Self Avoiding Walk algorithm use in modeling HP 
toy protein models.
I have a collection of several computer programs, some I have written 
myself like Genetic
Algorithms, Simulated Annealing, Molecular Mechanics and others, but 
nothing on SAW.

I am wondering if any of you have written a computer program that can do 
this for 2D and 3D,
and that is willing to share. For teaching purposes I will appreciate a 
FORTRAN code but C
or C++ is also welcomed.

Much obliged,

Ramón Garduño

P.S. Please reply directly to me.

                   "Everything is lost when bad people are subject of praise
                                            and the good people are subject 
of muckery"
                       "Todo está perdido cuando los malos sirven de ejemplo
                                                 y los buenos de mofa"

                                                         Demócrates
___________________________________________________________________________
                                                         Dr. Ramón 
Garduño-Juárez
                                                        Research Professor 
in Biophysics
CENTRO DE CIENCIAS FISICAS                        | EMAIL: [email-masked]
UNIVERSIDAD NAL. AUTONOMA DE MEXICO |
Apdo. Postal 48-3                                                   | 
VOICE: +52(55)56227749; +52(777)3291749
62251 Cuernavaca, Morelos                                |
MEXICO                                                                    | 
FAX:   +52(55)56227775; +52(777)3291775
__________________________________EOF ____________________________________