Subject: Compiling GAMESS + CHARMM on Linux Cluster

From: "Scott E. Boesch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:22:13 -0500

Hello All,

Has anyone been able to compile CHARMM with GAMESS on a Linux cluster?
We recently acquired CHARMM (c28b2).
It compiles fine on the cluster (the GNU compiler was used).

The newest version of GAMESS-US was obtained (Jun 2002).
The installation instructions for compiling GAMESS in CHARMM  were followed
and then I tried to compile this--however, no success.
The last two lines of the logfile for the build are
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/usr/local/charmm_gamess-us/c28b2/exec/gnu/charmm] Error 1

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Regards,

Scott

Scott E. Boesch                          Voice:  405-325-5159
Department of Chemistry                  Fax:  405-325-6111
University of Oklahoma