Subject: Emerging Technologies

From: "Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jul 2002 14:07:27 -0500

Hello,

What are the latest breakthroughs in computational chemistry?  You are 
invited to hear the talks at the Symposium on Emerging Technologies in 
Computational Chemistry, to be held at the ACS National Meeting next 
month.

The symposium will be held on Tuesday afternoon, August 20, 2002, in 
Room 103 of the Hynes Convention Center, Boston, Mass.

The speakers will be competing for a $1000 prize sponsored by 
Schrodinger Inc., www.schrodinger.com

The six topics and speakers are:

1.  Geminals-based model chemistry.
	Vitaly A Rassolov (University of South Carolina)
2.  A linear-scaling quantum chemistry method for ground and excited 
	states: Localized-density-matrix method.
	GaunHua Chen (Hong Kong)
3.  Monte Carlo simulation of proteins through a random walk in energy 
	space.
	Nitin Rathore and J. J. de Pablo  (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
4.  Direct calculation of molecular free energies.
	Chia-en Chang and M. K. Gilson (University of Maryland)
5.  High throughput prediction of passive ADME properties from fragments.
	Tudor I. Oprea (AstraZeneca and the University of New Mexico), 
	M. Baroni, I. Zamora, and G. Cruciani
6.  Priviledged substructure searching for focused set design.
	Christophe Cleva (Serono Pharmaceutical Research Institute, 
	Switzerland), D. Domine, C. Merlot, J. Bunn, E. Sebille, W. Sauer, 
	and D. Church

Hope to see you in Boston.
Thanks, Don

Donald B. Boyd, Ph.D.
Organizer, ACS Annual Symposium on Emerging Computational Technologies
Department of Chemistry
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3274, U.S.A.
E-mail [email-masked]