Subject: CCG Excellence Awards winners

From: Pamela Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:21:06 -0400

The American Chemical Society's (ACS) Division of Computers and
Chemistry (COMP) and Chemical Computing Group (CCG), are pleased to
announce the winners of the CCG Excellence Awards for the Fall ACS
National Meeting, to be held in Boston, MA from August 19-21, 2002.

The CCG Excellence Awards have been created to stimulate graduate
student participation in COMP Division activities (symposia and
poster sessions) at ACS National Meetings. Winners will receive a
one-year software license of CCG's MOE (Molecular Operating
Environment) for their academic research groups, in addition to
travel costs associated with attending an ACS National Meeting to
present their research.

In alphabetical order, the winners are:

Srikanth Kidambi from the University of Michigan, for the paper
entitled: "Quantum chemical calculations of cadmium chemical
shielding tensors in biologically relevant molecules"

Qiong Luo from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, for the paper
entitled: "Prediction of Glass Transition Temperatures for Polymers
Using TAE/RECON Method"

Nathan R. McElroy from Pennsylvania State University, for the paper
entitled: "Classification of Cytogenetic Toxicity of Organic
Compounds from Molecular Structure"

Suhas J. Patankar from Pennsylvania State University, for the paper
entitled: "Classification of HIV Protease Inhibitors and Prediction
of Their Antiviral Potency from Molecular Structure"

Minghu Song from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, for the paper
entitled: "Prediction of Protein Retention Times in Anion-exchange
System using Support Vector Machine Regression"

Send all application materials to:
Prof. Curt M. Breneman
Treasurer, ACS COMP Division
 RPI Department of Chemistry
110 8th St.; Troy, NY 12180.
[email-masked]

For more information please contact:
Bill Hayden
Vice President, Chemical Computing Group
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 910
Montreal, Quebec, Canada  H3A 2R7
[email-masked]

--
________________________
Pamela Newton
Account Manager
Chemical Computing Group

T: 1.514.393.1055 x 28
F: 1.514.874.9538