Subject: Accelrys Announces a series of Cheminformatics Training in Cambridge, UK for September 2002

From: Jeffrey Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:23:32 -0700

Accelrys Inc. will be holding a series of Cheminformatics workshops at 
their European Headquarters in Cambridge during September 2002.

On September 2-3, the "Accord Developer Studio" workshop will be offered. 
This course includes an overview of the Accord SDK & Chemistry Control and 
how to use them to develop chemically-aware applications using your 
favourite programming environment, such as C++, Delphi or VB. 
Consideration will be given to the chemical toolkit functionality 
supported. Knowledge of programming language, ideally VB is required.

On September 4, the workshop "Accord for Oracle" workshop will be 
conducted.  This course covers the installation and use of Accord for 
Oracle. Participants will learn how to store, index and search chemistry 
alongside alphanumeric data in an Oracle database. Various ways of 
accessing and displaying the data stored in the database will also be 
discussed. Knowledge of Oracle 8.1 is required along with a familiarity of 
PL/SQL and SQL Statements. Knowledge of Accord Developer Studio would be 
an advantage.

On September 5, the workshop "Accord Grid Control" workshop will be 
offered.  This course introduces the participant to the Accord Grid 
Control. Using this control the participant will be able to create 
chemically aware applications allowing the display of chemistry in lists 
and tables. Knowledge of VB/VBA and experience with ActiveX controls would 
be an advantage.

On September 6, the workshop "Accord CombiChem Add-on " workshop will be 
conducted.  This course is an extension to the Accord SDK training course 
and covers the use of the CombiChem Add-On to enumerate combinatorial 
libraries and the use of Accord Visual Objects to produce front-end 
applications. Attendance at an Accord Developer Studio Workshop is 
required.

Fees for the 2-day course are $1200 commercial, $900 government, and $660 
academic.  For the 1-day courses the fees are $600 commercial, $450 
government, and $330 academic.

Registration is on-line at URL http://www.accelrys.com/training/cheminf/registration_sep02.php.  Further detailed information about these and other Accelrys training 
workshops can be found at the Accelrys website (http://www.accelrys.com/training). 

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Elizabeth Crookenden
Training Coordinator
+ 44 (0) 1223 228691

and

Dr Judith Madeley
Director of Training

Accelrys Ltd
334 Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge CB4 0WN

Telephone number: +44 (0) 1223 228609
Fax number: +44 (0) 1223 228501
Mobile: +44 (0) 77717 61146
Web: http://www.accelrys.com