Subject: Accelrys Catalyst and Cerius2 Training in San Diego

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:20:52 +0100

Accelrys Inc. will be holding a series of workshops involving the Catalyst 
and
Cerius2 user interfaces at our Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA in 
September 2002.

On September 24-25, the "Pharmacophore Generation with Catalyst" workshop
will be presented.  This workshop is intended to introduce customers to
pharmacophore generation and to the Catalyst user interface.  The workshop
begins with the basics of the Catalyst interface and builds to simple
pharmacophore generation, selection of training sets, and 
three-dimensional
database searching.  Methods used within Catalyst for automatic hypothesis
generation and manual hypothesis construction will be discussed.  Some
optimisation of training sets and database searching will be covered as
well.  Attendees should possess knowledge of basic UNIX commands and have 
a
basic understanding of QSAR theory.

The "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences Workshop" will be offered 
on
September 26-27.  This course provides an overview of molecular modelling
techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The workshop 
will
focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will explore various
modules in the areas of rational-drug design, structure-based drug design,
and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modelling experience is not assumed
making this course a great place to learn molecular modelling with 
Cerius2.

On September 30 - October 1, the "Library Design and Analysis Workshop"
will be held.  This course will cover the basics of combinatorial library 
design,
> from initial library specification through to library analysis techniques.
Various approaches to library subsetting will be described, including
methods to select chemically diverse subsets from a virtual library, as 
well
as techniques for lead explosion, after initial SAR data has been
determined. Other topics covered will include methods for library-library
comparison and several approaches to hole-filling of an existing library.
Familiarity with the Cerius2 environment is required for attendance to 
this
workshop.

Fees for each 2-day course are $1200 commercial, $900 government, 
and $660 academic. 

Registration is on-line at URL 
http://www.accelrys.com/training/rdd/registration.php.  Further detailed 
information about this and other Accelrys training workshops can be found 
at the Accelrys website 
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/rdd/schedule.html). 

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Judith Madeley 
+44 1223 228 609

Tien Luu
+44 1223 228 608