Subject: 02.09.15 Software Development for Process and Materials Design

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:17:30 -0400 (EDT)

Invitation to a Symposium in Moscow...

This is hopefully THE LAST reminder about the Symposium: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
FOR PROCESS AND MATERIALS DESIGN, Moscow, September 15-16, 2002
Sorry if you got it before... Check the following URL for more info:

    http://asdn.net/moscow/software.shtml

The symposium is a satellite event of the larger conference:
Nano and Giga Challenges in Microelectronics (NGCM) Sept. 10-13, 2002.

Our Symposium was originally planned for Cracow as a part of E-MRS Fall
meetings. The E-MRS Cracow event was cancelled in late June by E-MRS.
Rather than abandon our participants, we moved the Meeting to Moscow
and attached it to the other conference which we are coorganizing (we offer
substantial discount if you sign up for the two conferences).

We are quite happy that the risk we undertook to move the symposium
was a good bet. We have a great 2-day program (over 40 submitted abstracts),
and we are forced to run 3 sessions per day. We still can squeeze a few oral
presentations, and of course take more posters. If you want to contribute,
we would have to see your abstract submitted within a day or two, since
we are firming up the program. Please hurry if you want to be a part
of this exciting event. The topics of interest are listed on the
home page of the meeting, but in short: we give priority to methodology
development and software development for process and materials design.
Excellent application papers are also considered. We plan to publish
the proceedings of this meeting.

We were lucky to get support and sponsors on a short notice, and we are
able to waive registration fees and subsidize local accommodations for our
speakers. Please check our site, for latest information and details.
THERE IS ALSO A PROSPECT OF SUPPORT FOR EUROPEAN BASED GRAD STUDENTS AND
YOUNG RESEARCHERS (it is still in works, though), so register and fill the
financial aid form. Note that we also have some small, optional component
in Cracow (details on the Web).

Please register today, if you want to come. There is a reason for rushing
you to do it now!!!. Getting Russian Visa is easy but it TAKES MUCH TIME
(up to a month). If you want to come, you have to start the process NOW!!!.

Thank you for your time...

Yours as always...

Jan K. Labanowski
Ohio Supercomputer Center
1224 Kinnear Rd
Columbus, OH 43221-1163

For the Organizing Committe:

Jim Greer, National Microelectronics Research Centre, Cork, Ireland
Anatoli A. Korkin, Motorola, Mesa, AZ, USA
Stanislaw A. Kucharski, University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Boris V. Potapkin, Russian Research Ctr "Kurchatov Institute", Moscow, Russia
Jerzy M Rudzinski, FQS Poland Sp. z o.o., Cracow, Poland

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    E-mail: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/~jkl
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.ccl.net/    http://asdn.net/