Subject: problem with TDDFT in Gaussian98

From: "Coussens, Betty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:35:05 +0200

Dear all,

I am performing TDDFT calculations using Gaussian98 Rev. A9 on a Windows NT
IBM machine and I have problems using the keyword Add=N for computing
additional states after succesful termination of a job wih Nstates=M.
Instead of giving the additional states the Gaussian output appears to
contain the excitation energies and oscillator strengths of the same first
three states that were produced in the run before, i.e. using the keyword
NStates=M.  Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

Betty 

Disclaimer
1. This e-mail is for the intended recipient only. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system;
access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone
else is prohibited.

2. If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly,
please notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately. This e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. DSM does not guarantee that the
information sent and/or received by or with this e-mail is correct and does
not accept any liability for damages related thereto.