Subject: 02.10.07 SURA Comput Chem Workshop, U Kentucky, Lexington

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:56:02 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:52:58 -0400
From: John Connolly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Can you post this announcement? Thanks

SURA Computational Chemistry Workshop
Software Solutions to Large Scale Problems in Computational Chemistry
University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
October 7 & 8, 2002

The theme of the conference will be to examine alternatives for mapping
computational chemistry software on to the new generation of Terascale
machines.  For example, the National Science Foundation is building the ETF
(Extended Terascale Facility) sometimes known as the Teragrid, which will
consist of thousands of processors connected by a 40 Gigabit network with links
of several thousands of miles between sites.  The key question for
computational chemistry is “Will future computational chemistry be able to take
advantage of the Teragrid to solve very large scale problems?”

This conference will examine current and future computational chemistry
techniques and software, such as quantum chemistry, molecular dynamics,
materials research, biology and bioinformatics. Several of the leading
researchers in these fields have committed to attend and make presentations,
either in Lexington or over the Internet through the use of the Access Grid
Network..  See the following web site for details and registration.

http://www.sura.org/events/2001/compchem/chemistry02.html