Subject: Conference announcement: REHE 2003

From: Christoph van Wüllen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:00:43 +0200

======================================================================
           "RELATIVISTIC EFFECTS IN HEAVY-ELEMENT CHEMISTRY"

            (satellite meeting to the ICQC 2003 in Bonn)

               Berlin (Germany), July 28-30, 2003

                ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
======================================================================

Dear colleague,

as a satellite meeting to the International Congress in Quantum Chemistry
(ICQC), there will be a symposium on "RELATIVISTIC EFFECTS IN HEAVY-ELEMENT
CHEMISTRY" to be held in Berlin, July 27-30, 2003, at the Technical University.
                          =========================

The date is chosen such that it might be most convenient for those of you
who attend the main meeting, the ICQC 2003 in Bonn, July 20-26, 2003.

The scientific program starts monday morning, July 28, 2003 and ends at
wednesday, July 30, 2003 after lunch. This gives room for five sessions
which will have their emphasis on

1. Quantum chemistry of heavy- and superheavy element compounds
2. Relativistic quantum chemistry for increasingly large systems
3. Relativistic calculation of molecular properties
4. Relativistic density functional methods
5. Approximate relativistic Hamiltonians

If there is interest, I might organize an excursion an wednesday afternoon.

The conference fee will be EUR 75, with a reduction to EUR 50 for students
up to the age of 30. It is of great help for me if you would reply to this
letter indicating the probability that you attend the conference
(5% -- 33% -- 67% -- 95%) and that you contribute a poster/talk (see below).

POSTERS AND CONTRIBUTED TALKS
=============================

Poster contributions covering all aspects of relativistic quantum chemistry
are welcome. There will be three invited (main) talks in each session, leaving
room for two contributed (shorter) talks which will be selected from the
poster contributions.

INFORMATION ON THE WEB
======================

A web page has been set up, http://www.chemie.tu-berlin.de/REHE2003
While this page is not over-specific at the moment, more information will
be added until the end of october.

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS MESSAGE ALSO TO OTHER INTERESTED COLLEAGUES!

+---------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| Prof. Christoph van Wüllen      | Tele-Phone (+49) (0)30 314 27870 |
| Technische Universität Sekr. C3 | Tele-Fax   (+49) (0)30 314 23727 |
| Straße des 17. Juni 135         | eMail                            |
| D-10623 Berlin, Germany         | [email-masked] |
+---------------------------------+----------------------------------+