Subject: Second Internet Bridge Computational Chemistry Workshop

From: "Mark Zottola - Contractor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:43:36 -0400

SURA Computational Chemistry Workshop
"Software Solutions to Large Scale Problems in Computational Chemistry"
University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
October 7 & 8, 2002

The National Science Foundation (NSF), Southeastern Universities Research
Association (SURA), the University of Kentucky and the Army Research
Laboratory (ARL) are pleased to announce the Second Internet Bridge
Computational Chemistry Workshop.  This workshop seeks to provide a
showcase for the frontiers of computational chemistry and will take
advantage of the advances in VRVS, allowing for state-of-the-art knowledge
to be presented with state-of-the-art technology.

Exploring the future of computational chemistry, this workshop will discuss
alternatives for mapping computational chemistry software on to the new
generation of Terascale machines.   Since the National Science Foundation
is building the ETF (Extended Terascale Facility) aka the Teragrid, the key
question for computational chemistry is "How can computational chemistry
take advantage of the Teragrid to solve very large scale problems?"

To answer that question, the organizers have invited leaders in both
quantum mechanics and bio-informatics to speak, including Dr. Bill Goddard
(Cal Tech), Dr. Lawrence Delucas (UAB) and Dr. HF Schaeffer III (UGa).  In
addition, developers of some of the most widely used quantum codes will
speak on their products such as Dr. Theresa Windus of Pacific Northwest
Laboratories (NWChem) and Dr. Rodney Bartlett of the University of Florida
(ACES II).

This workshop will be held October 7 and 8 at the University of Kentucky.
and will be using VRVS technology to link Mbone and H.323 technologies into
a single distributed environment

Registration and information for this event is at
http://www.sura.org/events/2001/compchem/chemistry02.html .  Attendance via
internet can also be accomplished by registering your site.in the
registration form.

Posters are welcome. Please submit a 200-300 word abstract to [email-masked].
before October 1st. Presentations are scheduled for Monday, October 7th,
6:30pm
during the reception in the Hardymon Building on campus.