Subject: Restarting Gaussian jobs

From: Naseem Ramsahye <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:58:18 +0100

Dear All,

I am having a bit of trouble restarting a Guassian job.

I have all the files (rwf, chk etc), but the calculation (single point)
did not finish, and I cannot seem to restart the SCF.  It seems not to be
able to read the checkpoint file.  Just to check, is it possible to
restart such a calc in Gaussian?  ie one where the first set of SCF cycles have
not yet converged?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help/advice offered.

Regards
Naseem

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naseem A. Ramsahye
Research Student, DFRL
Royal Institution of Great Britain, 21 Albemarle Street, LONDON W1S 4BS
Tel: 020 7409 2992
Email: [email-masked]     Website: http://www.ri.ac.uk/DFRL
*** The RI is a Registered Charity (Number 227938)        ***
------------------------------------------------------------------------