Subject: Applications being accepted for CCG Excellence Award

From: Pamela Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:01:51 -0400

Chemical Computing Group (CCG) Excellence Award

The Chemical Computing Group (CCG) Excellence Awards were created to
stimulate graduate student participation in COMP Division activities
(symposia and poster sessions) at ACS National Meetings. Those
eligible for a CCG Excellence Award are graduate students in good
standing who present work within the COMP program, either in oral or
poster format. Winners receive up to $1,150 in travel funding to
attend the ACS National meeting, as well as a copy of CCG's MOE
(Molecular Operating Environment) software with a one-year license
for their academic research group. This year, the number of awards
per national meeting has been increased to ten, representing
$200,000 in support from Chemical Computing Group over a three-year
period.

Applications for CCG Excellence Awards
Awardees are chosen on the basis of the quality and significance of
the research to be presented, as well as the strength of the
supporting letter and other materials. All graduate students are
encouraged to submit applications for the Awards. Awards will be
given only to those individuals making presentations, and not to
co-authors. To apply, an application must be submitted to the
Treasurer of the COMP division for consideration. This application
consists of an extended (2-page) abstract of the poster or
presentation along with a letter of support from the research
advisor, a two page CV, and a personal statement. Secondly, an
abstract must be submitted through the ACS OASYS system for online
submissions prior to the deadline for the meeting at which the
awards will be presented.

Send all application materials to:
Prof. Curt M. Breneman; Treasurer, ACS COMP Division; Rensselaer
Polytechnic University, Department of Chemistry; 110 8th St.; Troy,
NY 12180

Deadlines for the ACS National Meeting in New Orleans - March 23-27,
2003:
Oct. 15, 2002  - CCG Excellence Award applications due to COMP
Treasurer
Nov. 1, 2002   - Awardees determined
Nov. 15, 2002 - Abstracts submitted via OASYS
(http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm) for all COMP abstracts, including
CCG Awardees

Press releases regarding past CCG Awardees and planned COMP symposia
for the ACS National Meeting are also available on the ACS COMP
division website (http://membership.acs.org/C/COMP/).
________________________
Pamela Newton
Director, Sales & Marketing
Chemical Computing Group

T: 1.514.393.1055 x 28
Cell: 1.514.945.9230
F: 1.514.874.9538