Subject: Carbon Nanotubes Coordinates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:12:38 +0200

Dear Zheng, 

I am just finishing my PhD Thesis about nanotubes with defects "Graphitic 
Nanotubes with Disclinations: Electronic Structure, topology and conductivity",
and I have developed a program that generates the coordinates of a nanotube, 
just introducing the indices and the length. Unfortunately, the code is not 
finished, and is only in Beta stage. Nevertheless, you can tell me which
indices of tubes you are interested in (and length), and I can give you the
coordinates in *.mol format (readable with Hyperchem) 

You can find mor information from our group in 

www.ugr.es/local/gmdm 

Sinderely, 

Santiago Melchor. [email-masked] 

> 
> A friend of mine is interested in examining how a carbon nanotube interacts 
> with other molecules. There have been some theoretical studies regarding 
> the structures of some carbon nanotubes and I am wondering whether anyone 
> would be kind to share the coordinates of a  nanotube model.  Thanks. 
> 
> Yajun