Subject: ACS Symposium on Computational Nanotechnology (Nov. 15, 2002, Abstract deadline) (fwd)

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:38:44 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:14:08 -0700
From: Mario Blanco <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: ACS Symposium on Computational Nanotechnology (Nov. 15, 2002,
     Abstract  deadline)

[....]

CALL FOR PAPERS
Computational Nanotechnology

A Symposium to be held at the
225th ACS National Meeting
Computers in Chemistry Division
March 23-27, 2003
New Orleans, Louisiana

Co-Organizers:
William A. Goddard III ([email-masked]) &
Mario Blanco ([email-masked])
Beckman Institute 139-74
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91125

Summary

This symposium focuses on the computer modeling and simulation of molecular based
nanotechnology components and devices.  Papers on computational methods, currently
under use or under development, which have been applied towards the support of
chemical synthesis of molecular components (bottom-up) and/or fabrication of
devices incorporating molecular components (top-down), are strongly encouraged.
Papers on molecular computer aided design (molecular CAD) and molecular analysis
tools in support of nanotechnology applications are greatly encouraged. Papers on
massively parallel molecular dynamics formulations, suitable for the simulation of large
molecular assemblies as well as multi-scale (Quantum to molecular dynamics, coupled
particle/continuum) simulation methods are also encouraged.  New designs of molecular
devices acting as switches, nano-electromechanical actuators (NEMS), nano-fluidics,
electrically, optically, and/or chemically driven motors, molecular based artificial muscle
fibers, carbon-nanotube and fullerenes based devices, computational bio-nanotechnology
concepts and devices incorporating DNA, proteins, GPCR's, olfactory receptors,
peptides, self-assembled nanotubes and membrane channels and combinations thereof are
also strongly encouraged.

Abstract Deadline: November 15, 2002

Abstract Submission Procedure:  Abstracts must be submitted via the ACS OASys
system by the deadline date. The abstract should arouse interest in the paper and do it
justice. Succinctly state the purpose of the paper and mention important results and
conclusions.  Abstracts are submitted on line at

http://oasys.acs.org/acs/225nm/comp/papers/index.cgi .

Follow instructions and choose this symposium. Once inside write down your abstract ID
and passcode for future reference.

Notice that for this symposium all presentations are oral.  For more information visit
http://www.acs.org/meetings  or contact one of the co-organizers above.

Mario Blanco, PhD                              e-mail:[email-masked]
Director, Molecular Process Simulations        fax:    (626) 585-0918
California Institute of Technology BI 139-74   phone:  (626) 395-2754
Pasadena, CA 91125