Subject: Motion of Proteins: Distance Difference Map

From: Paul Czodrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:21:25 -0400

Hi CCL,

I read something about evaluation of the motion of a protein: they use a
so-called "distance difference map", which take one protein strucuture and
calculates sequentially the distancse between the first C-alpha atom and
all other one. Then it continues with the second C_alpha etc.
I know that this should be really fast to program from scratch, but I'm
not a Pro.

I know about one program from Garry Paul Gippert (GAP - Geometric Analysis
of Proteins)
- http://www.fkem2.lth.se/~garry/programs/gap.html - but the server is
down, so that I can't download it.

Cheers,
Paul

_____________________________________

Paul Czodrowski

Department of Molecular Pharmacology
Biomedical Center
Box G-B4, Brown University
Providence, Rhode Island 02912 USA
Voice: +1 401 863 9841

http;//bms.brown.edu/mierke
_____________________________________