Subject: gamess input ERROR

From: "Helen Howard-Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:10:58 +0100

Many thanks to those of you who replied to my previous request. Only now I have another one!!
My test input is this (in internal coords as I want to modify molecule later): 
 $control coord=zmt units=angs scftyp=ROB3LYP runtyp=optimize chrg=0
mult=1 $basis=31 ngauss=4
 $zmat
 $END
 $DATA
optimisation benzene:rob3lyp
cnv 6

x
c6 x 1.40304
c1 c6 d1 x a2
c2                   c1   d2       c6    120.     x     0.       0
c3                   c2   d3       c1    120.     x     0.       0
c4                   c3   d4       c2    120.     x     0.       0
c5                   c4   d5       c3    120.     x     0.       0
x1                   c2   1.5       c3    90.      c4   -90.      0
x2                   c3   1.5       c4    90.      c5   -90.      0
x3                   c4   1.5       c5    90.      c6   -90.      0
x4                   c5   1.5       c6    90.      c1   -90.      0
x5                   c6   1.5       c1    90.      c2   -90.      0
x6                   c1   1.5       c2    90.      c3   -90.      0
h1                   c6   h1c6       c1    120.     x6   -90.      0
h2                   c1   h2c1       c2    120.     x1   -90.      0
h3                   c2   h3c2       c3    120.     x2   -90.      0
h4                   c3   h4c3       c4    120.     x3   -90.      0
h5                   c4   h5c4      c5    120.     x4   -90.      0
h6                   c5   h6c5         c6    120.     x5   -90.
variables:
d1=1.40585969
d2=1.38805889
d3=1.40479196
d4=1.40323351
d5=1.38686601
h1c6=1.08160985
h2c1=1.08108159
h3c2=1.36420291
h4c3=1.08174779
h5c4=1.0823553
h6c5=1.08236572
constants:
a2 60.0
 $END

BUT: get following error message:
RUN TITLE
     ---------
 optimisation
benzene:rob3lyp

 THE POINT GROUP OF THE MOLECULE IS CNV
 THE ORDER OF THE PRINCIPAL AXIS IS     6
 **** ERROR READING VARIABLE NGAUSS   CHECK COLUMN  4
 c6 x 1.40304

 ....V....1....V....2....V....3....V....4....V....5....V....6....V....7....V....
8
 **** ERROR READING VARIABLE SCFAC    CHECK COLUMN  4
 c6 x 1.40304

 ....V....1....V....2....V....3....V....4....V....5....V....6....V....7....V..

Im not sure what Im doing wrong! Any help is gratefully received.
Many thanks
Helen