Subject: ClustalX phylogenic tree visualization

From: Antoine Logean <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:25:41 +0100

Dear All,

I have downloaded ClustalX from 
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/dos/clustalx for Windows. It works 
fine. My question is how can I generate a nice picture of the phylogenic 
tree calculated by Clustalx and stored in the file my_phylogenic_tree.ph ?

Thank you

Antoine

---

From: "Nick Rhodes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:09:32 -0000

> tree calculated by Clustalx and stored in the file my_phylogenic_tree.ph ?

You need TreeDraw (or something similar). There's a tutorial that should 
provide all the information that you need:

	http://virgil.ruc.dk/kurser/Sekvens/Treedraw.htm

Nick Rhodes

*****************************************************************
Nick Rhodes (Programme Development Officer, MSc Chemoinformatics), 
Computational Information Systems Research Group, 
Department of Information Studies, University of Sheffield, 
Regent Court, 211 Portobello Street, Sheffield, 
South Yorkshire, S1 4DP, United Kingdom.
-------------
Hallam Grange Lawn Tennis Club
http://www.hallamgrange.org.uk