Subject: Deadline Approaching - ACS/COMP Symposium on Machine Learning in Computational Chemistry

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:22:44 -0500

Final Announcement -
** Machine Learning in Computational Chemistry **
A symposium at the Spring ACS National Meeting in New Orleans

You are invited to participate in a program designed to showcase a broad
range of applications of machine learning methods in chemistry.
Presentations in this symposium include the use of  classification
methods, knowlege-based methods, diversity, regression and statistical
learning methods such as neural networks (self-organizing maps), support
vector machines, kernel PLS (and other kernel methods) to address a
variety of chemically-relevant problems.  If you are considering an oral
presentation in these or other related areas, please join us.  We look
forward to seeing you in New Orleans in the Spring.

Don't forget - the COMP OASys deadline is approaching on November 15th -
get your abstracts in!

Curt Breneman
RPI Chemistry
COMP Treasurer