Subject: Re: CCL:SwissProt Pdb viewer on Linux RedHat

From: Dirk Dettmering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:38:38 +0100

Hy,

Miroslava Cuperlovic-Culf wrote:
> I recently became a proud owner of Linux RedHat PC but now I am having
> few problems. I am trying to run DeepView (SwissProt Pdb viewer). I
> installed it without any errors but now when I try to run it I get a
> message:
> 
> "No response from any other spdbv process.
>  Becoming master."
> 
> and screen comes up without any text.
> Any idea what can be wrong here.
> Thanks a lot for your help sorry to bother eveybody with this.
> Mira

You haven't mentioned your version of RH. So I tell you what I have
done to get DeepView runnung on RH 7.2 and 7.3:
I had the same problem last week and could chase the problem down to
the absence of the package openmotif.
For RH 7.3 I could easily install openmotif21 from the CDs. But there
are no openmotif packages for RH 7.2 and when I tried to install the
package from RH 7.3 I got a conflict with the installed packages
lesstif and lesstif-devel which are needed by nedit, my favourite
editor.
I finally got everything running by installing openmotif-2.2.2-5 and
openmotif-devel-2.2.2-5 and rebuilding from the SRPMs and installing
lesstif-0.93.18-2, openmotif21-2.1.30-1 and nedit-5.2-2 from RH 7.3.

HTH and Bye

Dirk

-- 
================D=i=r=k===D=e=t=t=m=e=r=i=n=g===================
http://pc16154.pharmazie.uni-marburg.de/dettmering/index.html
    Tel.: +49 6421 28 21332          Fax: +49 6421 28 25828
Philipps University  Marburg - Germany - Department of Pharmacy
Enjoy drugs in 3D and read some basic facts gathered by students
      Visit our drug database WisDa: http://www.wisda.de