Subject: MGMS meeting on "DISTRIBUTED AND GRID COMPUTING FOR MOLECULAR MODELLING", London, Dec 13th.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:27:57 +0000

DISTRIBUTED AND GRID COMPUTING FOR MOLECULAR MODELLING 

The Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society (MGMS) is organising a one 
day meeting on Friday 13th December 13th 2002 on the different ways in 
which commodity chips can be utilised in distributed computing 
environments. Anyone interested in gaining more compute power should 
attend this meeting.

Full details and registration are available at the MGMS web-site,  http://www.mgms.org/dist_comp_meeting.htm . And it is free* (unlike similar commercial conferences which will set you back £1100!!). 

The meeting will take place at the new Brunei Gallery of the School of 
Oriental and African Studies on Russell Square in London (http://www.soas.ac.uk/gallery/conference.html). 

Timetable and speakers are: 

9-10                    Registration and coffee 
10-10.45                        Pat Leach - Inpharmatica         
10.45-11.20             Keith Davies - Trewern Consultants/Oxford 
University 
11.20-11.40             Davin Potts - United Devices 
11.40-12.00             Maya Natarajan - Entropia 
12.00-1.30                      Lunch and Vendor exhibits 
1.30-1.50                       Stuart Henderson -  IBM 
1.50-2.10                       Bob van Steenberg - RLX 
2.10-2.30                       Richard Groves - Blackstone Computing 
2.30-2.50                       Richard Watkins - Platform Computing.
2.50-3.10                       Tea 
3.10-3.45                       Phil Butcher - Sanger Centre, Cambridge 
3.45-4.20                       David Boyd - CLRC e-Science Centre   

There will also be a trade/vendor exhibition during the lunch break. 

* FREE thanks to our sponsors for this meeting = United Devices, Entropia, 
Platform Computing, Inpharmatica, GlaxoSmithKline, RLX, IBM, Blackstone 
Computing, Accelrys, CCG, CCDC, Tripos, Bladetec
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Mike Hann
Computational and Structural Sciences
GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre
Gunnels Wood Rd
Stevenage
Herts
SG1 2NY
UK

tel: (44)-1438-763392  fax: (44)-1438-764918
email: [email-masked]