Subject: Announce: VMD 1.8 is available!

From: John Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:48:23 -0600

Dear CCL,
  We're happy to announce the release of VMD 1.8, an OpenGL-based 
molecular visualization package for MacOS X, Unix, and Windows.
The new version includes a native OpenGL version for MacOS X, a new
graphical user interface, plugin based file loading, Tcl and Python 
scripting, integrated psfgen structure building, and many other 
improvements. I've included links to the relevant web pages below.

VMD Home Page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/

VMD 1.8 Release Notes and README information:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.8/

VMD 1.8 download:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi

Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about VMD.

Thanks!
  John Stone
  [email-masked]

-- 
NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
Email: [email-masked]                 Phone: 217-244-3349              
  WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/      Fax: 217-244-6078