Subject: Accelrys Nanotechnology Modeling training workshop

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:03:43 +0000

Accelrys Inc. has joined with the organizers of the NanoTech 2003 
conference
and Prof Nick Quirke from Imperial College London to offer a one-day 
workshop in
"Molecular Modeling of Nanomaterials" on February 28th in San Francisco, 
CA.

The aim of this workshop is to introduce participants to current modeling 
methods and 
their use in predicting the properties of nanomaterials, The workshop will 
be based on
the Materials Studio modeling environment, and consider methods reaching 
> from quantum
mechanics, via classical atomistic to mesoscale. Following an introductory 
lecture
by Prof. Nick Quirke, participants will carry out tutorials on dedicated 
PCs.

The workshop will cover the following:
- Introduction to Modeling of Nanomaterials.
- Introduction to the Materials Studio modeling environment.
- Nanotech modeling tutorials using quantum mechanics, classical, and 
mesoscale methods.

Costs are $200 for commercial, $150 for government and $100 for academic.

For course details and registration see:
http://www.accelrys.com/training/matsci/schedule.html 

For Nanotech2003 conference details, see:
http://www.nanotech2003.com/

Judith Madeley
Accelrys Training

Gerhard Goldbeck-Wood
Accelrys Materials Science BU
[email-masked]

Phone: +44 1223 228500
Fax:     +44 1223 228501
http://www.accelrys.com