Subject: Letters to support my nomination for Patterson-Crane Award

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:19:15 -0500 (EST)

Dear CCLers,

First, I would like to thank Steven for nominating me to the prestigious
Patterson-Crane Award award. It makes me feel honored and gives me a boost
to continue. While you may consider it shameless that I am asking for support,
be pragmatic about it. This award would REALLY help CCL !!!. It needs 
recognition to continue and prosper. So when you send your support letters
to Steve, do not think much about my humble person, but about us, about the
community which CCL created. Say what CCL brings for us all, and why it
is worthwhile. 

Thank you again for your help...

Jan
Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    E-mail: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/~jkl
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.ccl.net/    http://asdn.net/

> Dear CCLers,
> 
> I am nominating Jan Labanowski for ACS's Patterson-Crane Award 
> (see http://membership.acs.org/C/Colu/welcome.html ) and I am in need of
> seconding letters. There is no limit and the Chair of the awards committee
> says that the more supporting material the better so I'd be obliged if you
> would send me email with a statement on what CCL means to you and how
> it's helped your career.
> 
> Sincerely,
> 
> Steve Trohalaki
> Visiting Scientist
> Air Force Research Lab
> [email-masked]