Subject: Georgia Tech Summer Theory Program 2003

From: David Sherrill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:23:03 -0500 (EST)

Georgia Tech will host its third annual Summer Theory Program as part of
its National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates
program in chemistry and biochemistry.  During the ten week REU program,
students will conduct research in the groups of Georgia Tech Chemistry
faculty. The program is open to students who will be in their junior or
senior years during the 2003-2004 academic year. Successful applicants
will receive a stipend of $3500, a travel allowance, on-campus dormitory
housing, and health insurance coverage.  More information on the Georgia
Tech REU program may be found at
http://www.chemistry.gatech.edu/Undergraduate/summerprogram.html. REU
students who are interested in theoretical chemistry will take part in the
Summer Theory Program, which supplements the research experience with a a
series of introductory lectures in theoretical chemistry at the
undergraduate level. Summer research projects in the areas of dynamics and
electronic structure theory are available in the groups of Professors
Rigoberto Hernandez and David Sherrill. Students will have access to a
72-processor IBM SP2 parallel supercomputer in the Center for
Computational Molecular Science & Technology for their computations.

-- 
C. David Sherrill, Ph.D.                 [email-masked]
Blanchard Assistant Professor of Chemistry
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry     Phone:        (404) 894-4037
Georgia Institute of Technology          Fax:          (404) 894-7452
http://www.chemistry.gatech.edu/faculty/sherrill/