Subject: Gaussian Workshop at University of Ulm

From: Gaussian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:24:01 -0500

INTRODUCTION TO GAUSSIAN: THEORY AND PRACTICE

Gaussian, Inc., in conjunction with the Center of Excellence (COE) for
Computational Chemistry at the University of Ulm and SUN Microsystems
is pleased to announce a workshop that will cover the features of Gaussian's
popular electronic structure programs.
____________________________________________________________________

    Date: April 1-4, 2003
    Location:  	University of Ulm April 1-4, 2003
		Abteilung Organische Chemie I
		Albert Einstein Allee 11,   O26 / 4405
		Universitaet Ulm
		D-89069 Ulm GERMANY

    Academic Registration Fee: $430
    Commercial Registration Fee:  $580
    Application deadline:

"Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice." will be presented by
representatives of Gaussian, Inc.

The workshops will cover the full range of methods available in the
Gaussian package with emphasis on new methods and features which
make Gaussian applicable to an ever-widening spectrum of research
applications.

The workshop is structured to provide an introduction to electronic
structure theory as well as a hands-on review for researchers active in
the field.  The workshop is open to researchers at all levels of academic,
government and industrial research.

There will be hands-on sessions each day between the morning and afternoon
lectures.  Additional hands-on sessions will be available until the
building closes. Workshop participants will be provided with use of a
workstation to complete exercises, experiment and/or conduct short research
topics.

The GaussView user interface will be used to perform visualization of results
and to facilitate calculation setup.  Each workshop participant will also
be provided a copy of the lecture notes, a copy of Exploring Chemistry with
Electronic Structure Methods and a Gaussian User's
Reference.

For an Application please contact:
        Workshop Coordinator
        Gaussian, Inc.
        Carnegie Office Park, Bldg. 6
        Pittsburgh, PA  15106

Additional information can be obtained from:
        Telephone: 412 279 6700
        Fax: 412 279 2118
        email: [email-masked]

Travel information and hotel accommodations may be found at:

http://www.uni-ulm.de/coe/comingevents.html

Lunch and breaks will be provided to all registrants.  Hotel accommodations
and other meals will be the responsibility of each participant.

DEADLINES: Receipt of Registration Materials along with the registration
fee must be received by the specified deadlines.

****************************************************************************
This notice is sent without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied by
Gaussian Inc., or Sun Microsystems.  Gaussian is a registered trademark of
Gaussian, Inc.