Subject: Joke about computational chemistry...

From: Roy Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 01:03:53 -0800

All

I was hoping that someone could help me with a humorous poke at
computational chemistry. I remember seeing it a few years ago, copying
it down, and that's it... 

The quote goes something like:

*********************************************************************
Three outcomes exist when solving the function x=f(x):
	1) convergence to a fixed value
	2) divergence 
	3) chaos

[There might have been some comment that x=f(x) is an underlying
function of chaos theory.]
*********************************************************************

Any assistance in obtaining the actual statement and its reference
would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I will summarize your responses to CCL. Any other humorous comments
will be included as well.

Thanks,
Roy Jensen