Subject: 03.03.28 3rd Southern School on Computational Chemistry, Orange Beach, AL, USA

From: "Yevgeniy Podolyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:01:04 -0600

Dear Colleague:

  We invite you to participate in the 3rd Southern School on Computational
Chemistry organized together by the members of the NSF-EPSCOR Computational
Chemistry Cluster, NSF-CREST Computational Center for Molecular Structure
and Interactions, and the Army High Performance Computing Research Center.

  The meeting will be held at the Winfield Resort Hotel in beautiful Orange
Beach, Alabama (next to Pensacola, FL) on March 28 and 29, 2002 (Friday 2
p.m. - Saturday 10 p.m.).

  There will be two formal lectures by Dr. Peter Politzer from University of
New Orleans and
Dr. Andrzej Sokalski from Wroclaw University of Technology.

  In addition, we are planning 20-30-minute oral presentations of senior
investigators and posters from the students. These presentations will cover
all areas of computational and quantum chemistry. A special session on High
Performance Computing on Large Molecular Systems is scheduled for the Friday
afternoon. We will publish a volume of proceeding with abstracts and a
special issue of "Structural Chemistry" with selected papers from the
meeting. Please email your abstracts by March 1, 2003 to Dr. Y. Podolyan
[email-masked] (up to 4 pages in Microsoft Word format) with indication
if you prefer oral or poster presentation and a file with your picture.
These pictures will be included in the conference materials along with the
list of participants. You can also register online at http://sscc.ccmsi.us.

  The conference fee, which includes meals (Friday dinner through Sunday
breakfast), is $125.

  I hope to see you at our School.

  Jerzy Leszczynski