Subject: Summer Undergraduate research opportunities at IBM Almaden

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:00:37 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:57:39 -0800
From: Jed W Pitera <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: CCL question -- posting undergraduate research opportunities?

Hello,

      We have a number of possible summer research opportunities for
undergraduates here at IBM Almaden.  The projects this summer are primarily
focused on analyzing some of the initial data from protein folding
simulations carried out as part of the Blue Gene science program.  If you
know of any promising undergraduates who are interested in protein folding,
computational chemistry, or molecular simulation, please encourage them to
apply to the following programs:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/CPIMA/education/index.htm    -- For this they
need to have 3 letters of reference, a transcript and a completed
application -- ALL received by Stanford by FEB 7. Details on the web site.
Our project is number 23.5 -- Protein Folding Simulation and Analysis.

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/st/studentopps/NSFopps/
For this they need to submit a one page resume, a one page essay, and send
an official transcript,  as well as have two letters of recommendation sent
-- again by FEBRUARY 7. Details on the web site. Here they should mention
interest in the work in our group (Protein folding/computational chemistry)
-- and any of our names (Julia Rice, William Swope, Jed Pitera).

      Application deadlines for both programs are February 7, and we
apologize for the short notice.  Please feel free to contact me if any
questions arise.

Thank you,

Jed Pitera
IBM Almaden Research Center
San Jose, CA USA
[email-masked]
(408) 927-2084